BackgroundExperience the supernatural destructive power of WAR, one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, as he explores a demon ravaged world seeking revenge and ultimate redemption with a vast array of modern and mythical weaponry.
Coming in 2008, Darksiders: Wrath of War is an original Action/Adventure game that will plunge players into a near future world devastated by the apocalypse.
- Experience the Godlike Power of WAR: Combining brutal attacks, supernatural abilities and seamless traversal, delivering intense action combat and epic adventure, set in an immersive demon ravaged world.
- Open World Exploration: Each open world hub offers players the freedom to explore and make their own game-experience.
- Extreme Arsenal of Weapons: Unleash WAR's fury with an expansive arsenal of weapons, from the fantasy oriented to the modern and the ability to use virtually anything within your environment as a weapon.
- Increase or unlock new abilities: Customized to your gameplay style. Build up WARs Wrath powers and unleash them in spectacular attacks—or collect Soul Cores to increase or unlock new abilities.
- Horseman of the Apocalypse: Gain the services of RUIN, WAR's phantom steed, blazing a trail through enemies across devastated environments.
- Graphic Novel Art Style: Joe Madureira's (X-Men, Battle Chasers, The Ultimates) unique visual art style and original storyline.
- Cinematic Gameplay Experience: Harnessing the power of next-generation console systems, Darksiders: Wrath of War will immerse players in a rich cinematic gameplay experience—featuring beautiful graphics, detailed special effects, cinematic lighting and an epic musical score that compliments the in-game action.
The Darksiders and Red Faction franchises are far from dead. Nordic Games, current owners of... posted Feb 13, 14 7:49pm
Update: Just a bit of clarity, thanks to an update via Destructoid. After talking with another co-founder of... posted Mar 28, 13 10:04am
Today has proven to be one of the saddest days for the most diehard Darksiders fans. When THQ's assets were being... posted Jan 23, 13 6:56pm
After its two weeks in the spotlight, the Humble THQ Bundle has ended, raising an impressive $5 million earned... posted Dec 13, 12 7:56am
Vigil Games originally planned Darksiders as a four player co-op title. Darksiders 2 lead designer Haydn... posted Jul 26, 12 10:49am
Only a week following their criticism of Steam by saying the service's substantial discounts "cheapen" IPs, EA... posted Jun 18, 12 11:48am
Shortly after E3, new THQ president and Naughty Dog co-founder Jason Rubin reportedly said some things that ended... posted Jun 13, 12 3:50pm
Last week, many of us were disappointed to learn that Darksiders 2 is nowhere near completion and won't be ready posted Nov 09, 10 1:49am
Darksiders was a damn good game, and we've honored it repeatedly for being one of the best IPs 2010 has seen. ... posted Nov 04, 10 7:19pm
[image1 link=yes width=650 height=365] The End Times never looked so stylish. Digital distribution is all... posted Sep 20, 10 10:45pm
Okay people, been a while since I updated, but I've noted before I'm no good at keeping blogs. Was pretty excited for them back in middle/high school, and I'm no longer in either of those. Besides, it's all about friggin' Twitter now.
Anyway, if you haven't already noticed, our front page is exploding with content. I know you anime-philes dig Nexon, so you should check out our Q&A for their Bomberman-esque game PopTag! (already out in Korea) coming to North America soon... if you haven't already. CLICK HERE!
For "core" gamers, our Mass Effect 2 exclusive interview Q&A thing with project director Casey Hudson was posted last night. Looks like those who responded to it on various forums are most interested in the prospect of more love interests. Likely more alien options this time, SWEET.
LINK: Mass Effect 2 Interview: Beyond Space
Aaand I just published our Darksiders review a little bit ago. Yes, I know it's late, but it's totally THQ's PR's fault. Bah, I'm sure none of you want to hear about the nastiness of industry relations, so I'll just give you the link and say that it was a great game. I'd play more, but I've got to review Army of Two: The 40th Day. Before that, gonna get some sleep and prepare for a phone (group) interview with the Dante's Inferno producer and a bunch of other journalist-type people. Hope that goes smoothly...
Er, Darksiders review GET!
LINK: Darksiders (Xbox 360) Review
xbox 360 neoseeker related gaming related mass effect darksiders army of two neoseeker
- Genre: Adventure (PC)
- Developer: Vigil Games
- Publisher: THQ
Released North America Sep 23, 2010
- Also known as:
- Darksiders: Shinpan no Toki in Japan
- Darksiders: Shinpan no Toki in Japan