BackgroundThe D-Day Expansion for MS Combat Flight Sim 3 commemorates the 60th anniversary of that historic event in military history -- the day Europe's began the long, hard road to liberation. With new aircraft, new sound, new effects, new scenery and new campaigns, D-Day 1944 captures the flavor of those spring days that saw the turning of the Nazi tide. The historical divisions and weapons are in place, and the map moves day by day as it did in the actual battle. But watch out - the weather turns bad on June 18th and Allied supplies grow suddenly thin... Just it like it did in real life.
GameplayPlayers must successfully plan and execute the turning points in the liberation of Europe: the first hours of the beach landing at Omaha Beach, the paratrooper attack on Sainte Mère Eglise, the taking of the Cherbourg harbor, operation Cobra, the battle of the Falaise pocket, and the liberation of Normandy in August 1944. During the campaigns, players can call in the help of resistant forces to recon the landing areas, take advantage of the Allies' air power (bomber, glider, paratroopers), and stop the German forces' counter attacks. D-Day features over 60 historically accurate units, including rifleman, paratroopers, artillery, tanks, transports, and air support.
- Historically accurate: D-Day features a documentary base with the strategic charts of the battles, films from historical archives as well as veterans' and local inhabitants' testimonies. This content was elaborated in collaboration with the "Normandie Mémoire" association.
- More than 60 units at your command: Infiltrate enemy territory using soldiers with special tactical abilities (officer, rifleman, scout, machine gunner, sniper, medic, sapper, flamethrower, panzerschreck & bazooka – all of which can also be paratroopers) and specialized vehicles (recon, tank, artillery, anti-tank artillery, anti-air artillery, transport, air support). Cannon reloading time is displayed for every tank.
- Enhanced Combat RealismRealistic combat experience: Implement realistic war strategies used by the Axis and Allies during World War II.
- Destroy bridges, carpet bomb the enemy line, and capture any enemy vehicle or building to gain the tactical advantage over your opponent. A pause feature allows you to think over their tactics at anytime and to schedule up to three orders per unit. Canon reloading time is displayed for every tank.
- Cutting Edge Advanced 3D Technology: The 3D Walker engine provides detailed damage models, realistic unit animations and movement, and breathtaking special effects. Maximizing Direct X 9.0b technologies provides the game with natural looking wartime landscapes, reflective water displays, graphically-rich environments with stunning lighting and shadow effects, detailed damage models, realistic animations and breathtaking special effects.
- 3D Grass. For the first time in a real time tactical game, grass is in full 3D. This allows interesting tactical options; for instance, it is even more difficult to detect mines.
- Immersive Single Player Experience: The campaign mode spans 12 missions ranging from paratrooper mission and beach landing missions on D-Day, to defensive and counterattack missions after disembarkation leading up to the liberation of Normandy. An objective accomplished in a mission can influence the outcome of the next mission. All missions can be replayed with units of your choice in scenario mode.
- Deep Multiplayer Gaming Experience: Twelve extensive multiplayer maps are open to battle for up to eight players. All maps are playable in three game modes: Deathmatch, Conquer and Capture the Flag. These modes can be played on LAN, or over the Internet, but also through the GameSpyNetwork.
- Intuitive Map Editor: The map editor allows players to design their own multiplayer maps thus delivering additional replay vPlayers can quickly and easily design multiplayer maps with 3D terrain, custom lighting and a multitude of objects.
Hardware RequirementsPentium 1.0GHz
512 MB RAM
DirectX 9.0 compatible
64MB Graphics card (NVIDIA Geforce 3 or higher
ATI Radeon 8500 or higher
1GB free space
Official URLOfficial Site
silenceanddarkness and 1 others own D-Day