A team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. All contact with the team is lost when the North Korean Government quickly seals off the area.
The US responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation. As tension rises between the two nations, a massive alien ship reveals itself in the middle of the island. The ship generates an immense force sphere that freezes a vast portion of the island and drastically alters the global weather system.
Now the US and North Korea must join forces to battle the alien menace. With hope rapidly fading, you must fight epic battles through tropical jungle, frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G showdown.
- Adapt to Survive: An epic story thrusts players into an ever-changing environment, forcing them to adapt their tactics and approach to conquer battlefields ranging from newly frozen jungle to zero-gravity alien environments.
- Suit Up: A high-tech nano-suit allows gamers to augment their abilities in real time on the battlefield. Players can choose to enhance their speed, strength, armor and cloaking abilities to approach situations in creative tactical ways.
- Customisable Weaponry: A huge arsenal of modular weaponry gives gamers unprecedented control over their play style. Blow the opposition away with experimental weapons like the TAC launcher, discover alien technology and utlise custom ammunition from incendiary-tipped rounds to tactical munitions that can silently put foes to sleep.
- Veni Vidi Vici: Lifelike enemy AI challenges players to assess a situation and approach it strategically. It isn't about having the fastest trigger finger - players are challenged to be proactive in the fight, not reactive.
- Zero-G Gameplay: Battle a horrifying alien species in a true Zero-gravity environment, where physics change everything as players must adapt to moving in Zero-G and contending with the recoil from their weapons and more.
- Next-Gen Graphics: Built from the ground up using Crytek's proprietary CryENGINE 2, Crysis has full DirectX 10 support and scalable options to deliver solid performance on older machines.
- Open, Physicalised World: Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles from VTOL's to boats and using the environment itself against your enemies.
- Bring It Online: Full-featured multiplayer for up to 32 players with real-time armor and weapons customisation. For a pure adrenaline fix hit the Instant Action button, or prepare yourself for the all-new multiplayer PowerStruggle mode that combines economy and vehicle warfare, alien technology and ranking, all wrapped in a strategic objective-based experience.
Hardware RequirementsOS: Windows XP or Windows Vista
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista), AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or better
RAM: 1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)
Hard Drive: 12GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or better
VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory
Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
Direct X: DX9.0c or DX10
OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista
Processor: Core 2 Duo/Athlon X2 or better
RAM: 1.5 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 12GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 7800 Series, ATI Radeon 1800 Series or better
VRAM: 512MB of Graphics Memory
Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Direct X: DX9.0c or DX10
Official URLOfficial Site
Console players finally got to see what all the fuss was about the Crysis series with Crysis 2 recently, but soon... posted Sep 09, 11 8:52am
As one of the largest publishers in the gaming industry, the financial health of Electronic Arts is often used as... posted May 04, 11 5:39pm
Crytek made a name for themselves long ago as pushing the technical boundaries on PC, and more recently on... posted Apr 18, 11 1:20pm
[image1 link=yes width=188 height=259 float=left] If you're a Crysis fan and happen to live in Nottingham, UK, you... posted Sep 29, 09 7:54pm
The studio behind Crysis has officially announced that players will get a chance to play Crysis Wars free of charge... posted Apr 07, 09 2:44pm
To those that have been watching their copy of Crysis collect dust, you may be inclined to bust that sucker out... posted Jan 06, 09 6:07pm
I remember back last summer I reported on a military supercomputer called 'Roadrunner'. The machine had reached a... posted Nov 19, 08 5:27pm
Gamers who wondered how much that beast of a game Crysis cost to make: wonder no more. At the Games Convention... posted Aug 19, 08 3:37pm
Crytek Studios president Cevat Yerli confirms in an interview with Croatian gaming wire PC Play that the... posted Apr 30, 08 5:41pm
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Crytek Studios
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Nov 16, 2007 Europe Nov 16, 2007 Australia Nov 15, 2007