BackgroundHalf-Life: Counter-Strike is the ultimate multiplayer gaming experience, combining all the elements of the Half-Life online universe with new single and multiplayer content. At the heart of this package is Counter-Strike, the number one played online action game built as an add-on for Half-Life, the PC CD-ROM named Game of the Year by over 50 publications worldwide.
GameplayCounter-Strike is team-based, and casts players in the role of terrorist or counter-terrorist. Each team has access to different ammunition and equipment, and each player has unique attributes and the ability to upgrade their gear as they successfully complete each mission. A growing number of missions are available, each having specific goals, such as rescuing a hostage or eliminating key enemy structures.
- Half-Life Multiplayer — All of the popular maps and gameplay from the original saga are collected in Counter-Strike. Return to the online chaos that made Half-Life an instant classic and action legend.
- Team Fortress Classic — This online action game features a wide array of character classes – from Medic to Spy to Demolition Man – enlisted in a unique style of online team warfare. TFC has been downloaded by millions of people, becoming one of the most popular online action games of all time.
- Half-Life: Opposing Force Multiplayer — All of the online action from the official Half-Life expansion is available here, plus new content such as OpFor CTF. In Opposing Force, players compete in new areas of the Black Mesa Research Facility and experience a robust collection of fresh multiplayer content, including new weapons, player characters, and multiplayer maps.
Hardware RequirementsIntel Penitum® 233 or AMD K6-2
32 MB RAM
400 MB HD Space
2x CD ROM Drive
SVGA, high-color (16-bit)
32-bit Internet service provider with 28.8+ modem or LAN
Official URLOfficial Site
I have an updated and better review written in Notepad, and my view on this game is much different...
By now, you may have heard about Norway's Oslo bombing and Utøya massacre that claimed the lives of over 70... posted Jul 29, 11 2:16pm
Attention, Mac users: Counter-Strike: Source is now live and ready for deployment on Mac OS X. Valve's giving... posted Jun 23, 10 10:25pm
Valve has been mighty busy earlier this week but that doesn't mean they've forgotten about us lowly gamers back... posted Jun 18, 10 5:57pm
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Valve
- Publisher: Valve
Released North America Oct 8, 2004
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (64)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Counter-Strike: Source
- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero