BackgroundCossacks is a RTS set in 16th-18th century Europe, representing more than 85 large-scale wars and battles set during that time for single and multiplayer (including the Thirty Years War, the Northern War and the Seven Years War). Play as one of 16 nations, each with their own unique units and technology developments. Manage your resources well, and wage war on unfriendly nations using a variety of tactics and units (ground and naval). Up to 8000 units (total) can be in one battle!
- Grandiose battles of up to 8000 units.
- Unlimited variety of tactical and strategic methods of land or sea war against enemies.
- Original economic system with six resources: food, wood, stone, gold, coal and iron.
- Full 3D landscape with real world physics.
- Resolution: 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1600 x 1024.
- Huge maps up to 36x36 game screens at 1280x1024 resolution.
- Special effects – smoke, fog, explosions, buildings' burning, explosion rebounds, real-time water rendering.
- Multiplayer game supports up to 7 players via modem, local network, or Internet.
- Random Map and Historical Battles modes.
- Random map generator.
- 16 rivaling nations with their original graphics, economic and technical development peculiarities.
- Original game interface More than 85 real historical large-scale wars and battles of XVI-XVIII centuries.
- A huge technological hierarchy of more than 300 upgrades.
- Military formations: column, rank, or square. A formation includes an officer and a drummer, and units' abilities increase in a formation
32 MB RAM
1 MB video card
200 MB available hard disk space
Pentium II 233 or better
64 mb of ram
4mb of video ram
200 mb HDD
Official URLOfficial Site
CDV Software Entertainment has officially announced today the add-on for Cossacks: European Wars, Cossacks: Art of... posted Aug 27, 01 8:28pm
Très bon jeu de stratégie temps réel, près de 300 upgrades
It is a very good game which i think deserves 5.0 points.
These chaps have done a great job!
I can sit for hours (which this game requires you to...
Game is currently unavailable here, but from what I`ve seen of the demo - this is a...
Unlimited resource is a bit odd but I guess it is the only way to play this game, and...
"We couldn't be happier to announce that Cossacks has shipped to the North American market, " says Don McFatridge,... posted Apr 24, 01 7:31pm
"We are looking forward to the release of Cossacks in the North American market," says Don McFatridge, President of... posted Apr 12, 01 9:48pm
If you're hankering for a RTS game based on the historical events of sixteenth to eighteenth century Europe then you... posted Jan 16, 01 1:28am