BackgroundBehold disciples of Nod, for the end is soon upon us. Electronic Arts’ award-winning and best-selling Tiberium saga is coming to a powerful conclusion with Command & Conquer 4, which will introduce a multitude of innovations to the classic fast and fluid Command & Conquer gameplay, while retaining the core compulsions that fans have come to love over the series’ history.
It is the year 2062 and humanity is at the brink of extinction. Tiberium, the mysterious, alien crystalline structure that has infested Earth for decades and served as the primary reason for years of relentless conflict between the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the Brotherhood of Nod, is close to rendering the planet uninhabitable. Mankind is on the verge of extinction when Kane, Nod’s prophetic leader, emerges from seclusion to deliver GDI the message that he has developed a system that could control Tiberium and harness its power. But he cannot build this “Tiberium Control Network” without GDI’s cooperation. Thus, the two opposing factions – GDI and Nod – inevitably find themselves in desperation for the same cause: to stop Tiberium from extinguishing mankind.
After 15 years, the network is nearly complete, Tiberium is under strict control and our revitalized, newly terraformed planet is on the cusp of a new age of prosperity and progress. It is then that the world’s citizens begin to seriously ponder why Kane chose to help, and what will he want in return. These questions and more lead to the dramatic final act of the Tiberium saga.
GameplayWith a multitude of innovative new features to the fast and fluid C&C gameplay, Command & Conquer 4 offers players an entirely new way to play C&C. An all-in-one mobile base, persistent player progression across all game modes that is constantly updated in a real-time online profile, a 3-class system for each of the two factions, co-operative play, and a 5v5 objective-based multiplayer mode that promotes teamwork and social interaction, make Command & Conquer 4 unlike any other C&C experience.
- The Epic Conclusion of the Saga – Command & Conquer 4 brings the 15-yearTiberium saga to a powerful and epic conclusion, told through grittier and darker live action cinematics, the return of Nod’s enigmatic leader Kane (Joe Kucan) and all the answers on the fate of Earth, GDI, Tiberium, Nod and most of all, Kane himself.
- First Class-based C&C – Play as Offense, Defense or Support classes from GDI and Nod. Each class is unique, offering players different play styles, giving you tons of strategic options and coming with its own set of units designed to support your chosen style.
- Mobile bases!– The Crawler is your giant, new, all-in-one mobile base that you control on the battlefield to produce new units, structures, powers and upgrades, each specific to the class and faction you chose to play with. Build units and store them in your hull as you move around the map and surprise your enemy with a sudden fury of units!
- Persistent Player Progression – Every unit you destroy awards you with experience points. Level up and spend your experience points on new units, powers and upgrades that give you more strategic options to choose from. Your progression is stored in your online profile that you can access from any PC with C&C 4 installed.
- 5v5 Multiplayer – With its objective-based 5v5 multiplayer, Command & Conquer 4 brings a new, social, real-time-strategy experience to your PC. Choose your individual classes and play together as a team to conquer your enemy. The all-new party system lets you move with your party of friends from one online battle to the next.
- I'm having fun with this game! Apr 10
- Neoseeker's Command & Conquer 4 review (finally, yes) Mar 31
- New Factions? Mar 29
- Why Mar 28
EA is releasing Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection shortly. Oddly, there will be a box version full of... posted Aug 31, 12 7:56am
Some major goods have been released for Command & Conquer 4, addressing many concerns gamers have had since... posted Apr 07, 10 6:50pm
EA.com's editor-in-chief and blogger (or "official EA codpiece") Jeff Green, like many since launch, was burnt by... posted Mar 24, 10 11:34pm
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but another PC title is getting the dedicated server chop, and LAN play too.... posted Feb 22, 10 7:02pm
EA has got some crazy going on in Command & Conquer 4, between the units, sub-units, classes, and whatever else... posted Feb 01, 10 9:42pm
- Genre: Real-time Strategy (PC)
- Theme(s): Alternate History, Military
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: EA LA
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Mar 16, 2010 Europe Mar 19, 2010 Australia Mar 18, 2010
- Command & Conquer: Generals 2
- Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
- Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
- Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour
- Command & Conquer: Generals
- Command & Conquer: Renegade
- Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
- Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun: Firestorm
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert