BackgroundThe Story - The Return of the Demon
The legend has been handed down for centuries - a nasty story, it was said, designed to frighten naughty children...
Once there was peace in the land, and Goodness thrived. The Four Clans lived in harmony, and the warm days were filled with laughter and song. There was hope for the future...
And then one morning the sun did not rise, and the sky turned black as death. From the limitless darkness of the sky, the Demon descended. His hordes of vile henchmen, like a plague of locusts, dropped from the heavens and infested the land. The people were helpless to resist their vile onslaught, and the earth rotted and became diseased. Hatred spread, and there were divisions among the Clans. The people grew angry, and their eyes brimmed with hatred. Brother turned against brother, father against son, and pain and misery reigned in the land.
But amid the smoke and ruin, wisdom endured. The Elders - sorcerers, shamans, and healers from each of the Clans - met beneath the smoldering earth. Combining their shared arcane knowledge, they forged the Crown of Peace. Under its enchanted influence the Clans were bound together, and the Demon was vanquished.
Peace returned to the land, and the sun appeared, and with this new light the dark memories of the Demon were forgotten. The Elders' gloomy warnings faded, unheeded. The sages retired in silence, and died unmourned. It was as though the dark times had never been.
How the people now weep and wail at their own complacency! For the Demon has returned, and happiness has once again turned to hatred. Those who, as children, trembled in fear at the mention of the Demon are now summoning their courage to face him. Each of the Clans has tested its warriors, and selected its strongest and wisest champion. The Demon and his minions must be confronted and destroyed, and the Crown of Peace must be found..
GameplayClans is a fantasy action/adventure game in which you assume the role of one of four champions selected by your Clan to restore peace and order to the world. Your goal is to confront and destroy the Demon and locate the lost Crown of Peace. You will roam your once-beautiful land, routing out the Demon's hateful minions, solving the mysteries of the fortress, and moving ever closer to your final encounter with the Demon. A dark tide of death and destruction is raging over your once-peaceful realm, turning brother against brother, clan against clan. Summon your courage and raise your sword for a fight to the death against a demonic monster that feeds on hatred and despair. Charge twisting, turning passageways writhing with danger. Cut down demonic legions in brutal battles of supernatural magic and superhuman might. The Demon has occupied an ancient fortress as his base of operations. Your adventure starts at the castle gates, and proceeds ever deeper into the heart of the Demon's lair
- Fast, furious and addictive gameplay.
- 7 Levels: At the Gates; Underdark, a cavern realm of molten lava; Chambers of Torment, the dungeons of the fortress; The Commoners Quarters; Garden of Eternity, the fortress courtyard; The King's Quarters; The Dragon's Den.
- Fight for your clan and your world as one of four unique characters each possessing distinct skills and abilities.
- Conquer malicious hordes and mythical beasts in thousands of chambers and thousands of miles of dangerous lands.
- Wage war with swords, axes, magic, and explosive weaponry through nine quests, seven levels and five sublevels of the ultimate hack-and-slash action.
- Explore a dynamically beautiful, fully immersive fantasy universe enlivened with real-time dynamic lighting effects and hundreds of frames of character animation.
- Casts spells, unravel puzzles, interact with extraordinary characters and destroy evil incarnate
Hardware RequirementsWindows 95/98
32MB of ram
Direct compatible SVGA video card
Direct compatible sound card
250 MB hard drive space
MS compatible mouse
DirectX 6.0 or Higher