BackgroundSid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword is the second expansion pack for Civilization IV. The expansion focuses on the late-game time periods after the invention of gunpowder and includes 12 different scenarios, ten new civilizations, 16 new leaders, five new wonders, and a variety of new units that offer more ways for players to expand their civilization's power as they strive for world domination.
- More Civilization Than Ever: Some call Civilization the deepest computer game of all time. With a massive increase of 10 civilisations, 64 buildings, 12 scenarios, 5 wonders, 6 technologies, corporations, brand new espionage system and expanded trade routes, Civilization is beyond deep. It is beyond anything you've ever seen.
- Focus on the "Late-Game": With Firaxis focused on delivering many new units, buildings and technologies in the modern time period, you will be able to launch guided missiles and suitcase nukes and build armies of mech assault soldiers, Cyborgs and Navy Seals - among many other choices.
- Scenarios - Expect The Unexpected: Beyond the Sword will deliver 12 new scenarios, many containing themes never seen in Civilization, custom designed by the team at Firaxis and some members of the Civilization fan community.
- Advanced Starts: For the first time ever, launch a game by purchasing units, cities, improvements, and technologies that allow you to get into later era games more quickly.
- Unstoppable Corporations: If you didn't feel like behemoth corporations were taking over the world, you will now. Found your own corporation and spread its influence as another tool to gain control over the world.
Wolfbane and 37 others own Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
ShadowCrystallux and 4 others played Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
- Genre: Turn-based Strategy (PC)
- Developer: Firaxis Games
- Publisher: 2K Games
Released North America Jul 25, 2007 Europe Jul 27, 2007
- Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World
- Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings
- Sid Meier's Civilization V
- Civilization IV: Colonization
- Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
- Civilization IV
- Civilization III: Conquests
- Civilization III
- Civilization: Call To Power 2
- Civilization: Call to Power
- Civilization II