BackgroundConquests expands the already highly acclaimed Civilization III with seven new civilizations, Trial Council and Imperialism governments, and tons of additional victory conditions, leaders, special units, disasters, and Wonders.
GameplayBuild up your civilization by creating new structures, forming an army, allying with other nations, take over other civilizations, do spy missions, use diplomacy and so on. All this taking place on a massive world in turn-based battles to make your civilization the strongest.
- More Civilizations: Seven new powerful civilizations from the innovative Sumerians to the mystical Mayans.
- More Units: Use Trebuchets to batter down the enemy's walls or Sumerian Enkidu Warriors to quickly gain military dominance.
- More Techs: Map the world using Satellites to explore the entire map.
- More Disasters: Beware the volcanoes, or Pompeii could become your reality.
- More Diplomacy Options: Locked alliances allow good vs. evil conflicts you'll never forget.
- More Map Features: Bombard the enemy and leave behind craters.
- More Resources: Fight for control over Tobacco, Bananas, Oasis, Salt, Sugar, Jade, and Exotic Birds.
- More Wonders: Build 5 all new wonders, including the statue of Zeus and the even all new commerce bonuses
- More Government Types: Fascism, Feudalism, Tribal Council, and Imperialism are just a few of the new ways to rule your people.
- More Unit Abilities: Including Stealth Attack, Enslavement, and other bonus attack modifiers (e.g. damage multipliers can now be applied to units).
- More Attributes: Including two new Civ-Types: Agricultural and Seafaring
- More City Specialists: Including Civil Engineers and Police Forces
- More Improvements: Including improvements to the AI, Combat System, Interface, Rally Points, Governors, Leaders, Unit-Stacks, and even Game Balance!
- More Game Options: Including the ability to choose Random World Sizes and new levels of difficulty such as "Demigod" and "Sid"
- Extra Content: Civ®-Conquests contains all of the content including: Civs, leaders, special units, and features from the Civilization III: Play the World expansion.
Hardware RequirementsOperating System: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium® II 400 MHz
Memory: 128 MB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 800 MB free (in addition to the 600 MB required by Civilization III)
CD-ROM Drive: 4X speed or Faster
Video: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP-compatible video card*
Sound: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP-compatible sound card*
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0b (included) or higher
Multiplayer: LAN or Internet connection required for some multiplayer modes Broadband Recommended for 5 or more players
Microphone: Required for voice chat
*Indicates device should be compatible with DirectX® version 9.0b or higher
Official URLOfficial Site
ShadowCrystallux played Civilization III: Conquests
ShadowCrystallux and 7 others own Civilization III: Conquests
- Genre: Turn-based Strategy (PC)
- Theme(s): Medieval
- Perspective(s): Top Down
- Developer: Firaxis Games
- Publisher: ATARI
Released North America Oct 28, 2003
- Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World
- Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings
- Sid Meier's Civilization V
- Civilization IV: Colonization
- Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
- Civilization IV
- Civilization III: Conquests
- Civilization III
- Civilization: Call To Power 2
- Civilization: Call to Power
- Civilization II