BackgroundWhether you're new to chess programs or a CHESSMASTER veteran, you'll discover that Chessmaster 10th Edition is the most comprehensive chess software available. Old friends will quickly realize that the 10th Edition is one of the most important updates of the franchise in both graphics and content.
- A brand-new, clean, clear, and easy-to-navigate user interface.
- A full-featured online chess module, allowing players to communicate, compete, and learn from each other.
- The new Chessmaster Academy, where International Master Josh Waitzkin will introduce players to the world of chess and GM Larry Christiansen will review the attacking concept.
- More than 30 full 3D chess sets, including the first animated chess sets in a Chessmaster PC game, and the option to view all the 3D sets in enhanced 3D using glasses with red/cyan lenses.
- A large selection of game modes for greater replay value.
- A section that's completely dedicated to just playing for fun with simplified tools, simplified drills, and a variety of chess puzzles - a great section for kids who are new to the game.
- The updated version of the King - the chess engine behind Chessmaster.
Hardware RequirementsSupported OS: Windows® 98, Me, XP
Processor: Pentium III 450, AMD Duron 600
RAM: required 128 MB and recommended 512MB RAM
Video Card: required 3D Video card (DirectX 9 compatible) 32 MB RAM and recommended 3D video card (GeForce3/ATI 8500 or better)
Sound card: DirectX 9 compatible
DirectX Version: DirectX 9
CD-ROM drive speed: 4X
Hard Drive space: 450MB
Multiplay: Internet connection (56 Kbps or better) or LAN
Supported Video cards at Time of Release: ATI 7500 or better, NVidia GeForce or better.
Official URLOfficial Site
- Genre: Board Games (PC)
- Theme(s): Party & Board Games
- Perspective(s): Top Down
- Developer: Ubisoft
- Publisher: Ubisoft
Released North America Aug 10, 2004 Europe Aug 20, 2004
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (2)