BackgroundChasm is a 2D Fantasy ARPG Platformer featuring procedurally generated Metroid-like dungeons and authentic pixel art.
Game PlayIn Chasm, players take up the role of a soldier passing through a remote mining town on their journey home from a long war. The town’s miners have recently disappeared after breaching a long-forgotten temple far below the town, and reawakened an ancient slumbering evil. Now trapped in the town by supernatural forces, you’re left with no option but to explore the mines below, battle enemies and bosses, and increase your abilities in hopes of finally escaping and returning home.
- Explore Metroid-like dungeons procedurally assembled from hand-crafted rooms in six diverse areas.
- Enjoy challenging retro gameplay and gorgeous authentic pixel art (320×180 native resolution)
- Discover new special abilities and powers to reach previously inaccessible areas
- Play how you want by equipping weapons, spellbooks, shields, and more to both hands
- Uncover random loot drops and rare items
- Battle massive bosses & mini-bosses
- Avoid devious traps and platforming hazards
- Includes Normal and Hardcore (Scored with Permadeath) Modes
- Leaderboards for Hardcore playthroughs featuring quickest time, least damage taken, and more
- Windows, Mac, & Linux versions with Gamepad support
- OS: Windows (XP/Vista/7), MacOS X, or Linux
- Processor: 2ghz+
- Memory: 512 MB
- Graphics: Pixel Shader Model 2.0+
All hail Sony's new indie overlords. With exclusives few and far between on the PlayStation 4,... posted May 01, 14 11:42am
Valve's Greenlight has been dogpiled with criticism in recent months as people realize just how... posted Jul 24, 13 10:20am
Kickstarter project Chasm meets $150,000 goal, 2D ARPG with glorious procedurally generated dungeons
Independent studio Discord Games has successfully funded their 2D ARPG platformer Chasm. Just today Chasm passed... posted May 06, 13 11:06am