BackgroundBraid is a puzzle-platformer, drawn in a painterly style, where the player manipulates the flow of time in strange and unusual ways. From a house in the city, journey to a series of worlds and solve puzzles to rescue an abducted princess. In each world, you have a different power to affect the way time behaves, and it is time's strangeness that creates the puzzles. The time behaviors include: the ability to rewind, objects that are immune to being rewound, time that is tied to space, parallel realities, time dilation, and perhaps more. Braid treats your time and attention as precious; there is no filler in this game. Every puzzle shows you something new and interesting about the game world.
Features* Forgiving yet challenging gameplay: Braid is a 2-D platform game where you can never die and never lose. Despite this, Braid is challenging—but the challenge is about solving puzzles, rather than forcing you to replay tricky jumps.
* Rich puzzle environment: Travel through a series of worlds searching for puzzle pieces, then solving puzzles by manipulating time: rewinding, creating parallel universes, setting up pockets of dilated time. The gameplay feels fresh and new; the puzzles are meant to inspire new ways of thinking.
* Aesthetic design: A painterly art style and lush, organic soundtrack complement the unique gameplay.
* Nonlinear story: A nonlinear fiction links the various worlds and provides real-world metaphors for your time manipulations; in turn, your time manipulations are projections of the real-world themes into playful "what-if" universes where consequences can be explored.
* Nonlinear gameplay: The game doesn't force you to solve puzzles in order to proceed. If you can't figure something out, just play onward and return to that puzzle later.
Hardware Requirements* Windows XP/Vista
* Internet Explorer 7.0
* Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
* Athlon/Pentium III (1GHz or higher)
* 512MB RAM
* 1GB HD space recommended
Official URLOfficial Site
The latest Humble Bundle is hard to deny as by far the best yet, including independent hits like the horrific... posted Jun 15, 12 6:37am
The Humble Indie Bundle 5 was already touted as one of, if not the best bundle thus far with stellar titles such... posted Jun 09, 12 2:51am
As with many efforts that struggle against the current, story-heavy platformer Braid has been called out by some... posted Aug 09, 11 3:10pm
The Winter 2010 Humble Indie Bundle has been a resounding success thanks to all the kind folks contributing their... posted Dec 22, 10 6:44pm
Do some good for the holiday season by grabbing the Humble Indie Bundle #2 at a price you want to pay and nab... posted Dec 14, 10 9:49pm
Casual games publisher MumboJumbo has told the world its putting the beloved adventure title Braid out on retail... posted Jan 20, 10 12:03am
Gamers who picked up the newly released Braid on PC may have been treated to a showstopping bug or two, among... posted Apr 15, 09 4:00pm
Platformer fans or just those who dig surrealism, violin and/or time manipulation who didn't play Braid on Xbox LIVE... posted Apr 11, 09 6:15pm
Braid, a quirky, time-bending puzzle-platformer is coming to the PC at the end of March. The game was a surprise... posted Feb 18, 09 7:56pm