BackgroundBlazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII features innovative squadron-based combat, in which each AI-wingman's specialized skill can be used to the pilot's advantage. During the course of the 20-mission campaign, players will evolve along with their wingmen into an ace fighting force. Spectacular graphics enhance the combat experience in true WWII battle sites such as England, Germany, France, Morocco, Pearl Harbor, Midway and Tokyo. The heroic storyline that follows the evolution of a single squadron and the cinematic presentation create moments reminiscent of favorite WWII movies. Pilots fly in close to Germany's industrial terrain during a bombing raid or emerge from the fog and cloud cover over London to engage the enemy. Players online can engage in head-to-head dogfights or cooperative team play between squadrons.
- WWII's most epic and famous air battles. Experience the greatest air battles of World War II in famous locations from across the globe. Whether it's the invasion of the Philippines, the fierce fighting for the desserts of North Africa, or the battle of Britain, the player and his squadron will be tasked with turning the tide of war.
- Innovative squadron-based gameplay. AI-controlled wingmen will obey player commands. As the pilot's skills improve, so will the skills of his squadron. The pilot's heroism and leadership will grow during the course of the campaign as players fly with their squadron and evolve together into an ace fighting force.
- A large variety of realistic-looking WWII aircraft. Pilot 40 authentic WWII aircraft including the famous P-51 Mustang, the P-38 Lightning, the B-17 Flying Fortress, the Luftwaffe's Messerschmitt, the Spitfire of Britain and the Japanese Zero. From the wing rivets, to the nose art, to the detailed cockpits, these planes are just like the real thing.
- Twenty heart-stopping missions in a compelling storyline. Pilots will begin as untrained recruits and evolve through battle experience into ace combat pilots. WWII missions will take place around the globe in places like England, Germany, France, Morocco, Midway and Okinawa.
- Authentic WWII atmosphere. Fly in close to Germany's industrial terrain for a bombing raid, strafe the islands of the pacific, or emerge from the cloud cover over London and engage the enemy. The environment looks so real you'll feel like you're the pilot in a famous WWII movie.
- Planes are easy to handle and fun to fly. No need to attend the Air Force Academy to pilot these planes; players can jump right into air combat action.
•OS: Windows XP (only) •Processor: 1 Ghz Pentium4 or AMD Athlon •RAM: 256 MB •Video Card: 64 MB DirectX 9c compliant •Sound: DirectX 9c compliant •DirectX: 9.0c (included on disc) •CD-ROM: 12x or faster •Hard Drive Space: 6 GB •Peripherals: Windows supported mouse and keyboard, joystick or gamepad •MultiPlayer: 64 Kbps broadband upstream or better
Recommended Specs: •Processor: 3 Ghz Pentium4 or AMD equivalent or better •RAM: 1 GB •Video Card: 256 MB (see support list)
Video Cards Supported at time of Release: ATI 8000/9000/X series Nvidia 3/4/FX/6/7 series(GeForce 4 MX not supported) Laptop models of these cards not supported. For updated list, see http://support.ubi.com.
Official URLOfficial Site
xXShadXx and 5 others own Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Castlewars played Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
- Genre: Air Combat (PC)
- Theme(s): Historical, World War II
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Ubisoft
- Publisher: Ubisoft
Released North America Mar 28, 2006 Australia Mar 31, 2006
- Also known as:
- Blazing Angels in Europe