BackgroundSet approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the halls of Rapture once again echo with sins of the past. Along the Atlantic coastline, a monster has been snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture. You are the very first Big Daddy as you travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers and your own survival.
Multiplayer in BioShock 2 provides a rich prequel experience that expands the award winning BioShock gameplay. Set during the fall of Rapture, players assume the role of a Plasmid test subject in the underwater city that was first explored in the original BioShock. Players will need to use all the elements of the game’s toolset to survive as the full depth of the BioShock experience is refined and transformed into a unique multiplayer experience that can only be found in Rapture.
- Evolution of the Genetically Enhanced Shooter: Innovative advances bring new depth and dimension to each encounter. New elements, such as the ability to dual-wield weapons and Plasmids, allow players to create exciting combinations of punishment
- Return to Rapture: Set approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the story continues with an epic, more intense journey through one of the most captivating and terrifying fictional worlds ever created
- You Are the Big Daddy: Take control of BioShock’s signature and iconic symbol with the original prototype Big Daddy, and experience the power and raw strength of Rapture’s most feared denizens as you battle powerful new enemies
- Continuation of the Award-Winning Narrative: New and unique storytelling devices serve as the vehicle for the continuation of one of gaming’s most acclaimed storylines
- Genetically Enhanced Multiplayer – Earn experience points during gameplay to earn access to new Weapons, Plasmids and Tonics that can be used to create hundreds of different combinations, allowing players to develop a unique character that caters to their playing style.
- Experience Rapture’s Civil War– Players will step into the shoes of Rapture citizens and take direct part in the civil war that tore Rapture apart.
- See Rapture Before the Fall – Experience Rapture before it was reclaimed by the ocean and engage in combat over iconic environments in locations such as Kashmir Restaurant and Mercury Suites, all of which have been reworked from the ground up for multiplayer.
- FPS Veterans Add Their Touch to the Multiplayer Experience – Digital Extremes brings more than 10 years of first person shooter experience including development of award-winning entries in the Unreal® and Unreal Tournament® franchise.
Hardware InfoMinimum System Requirements
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.4Ghz or better, Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0Ghz Processor or better
Video card: NVIDIA 7800GT 256MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon X1900 256MB graphics card or better
Hard drive space: 11GB
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card w/ onboard sound
Recommended System Requirements
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core 2.60Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Dual Core 2.13Ghz
Video card: NVIDIA 8800GT 512MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon HD4830 512MB graphics card or better
Other Requirements (Retail version)
Initial installation requires one-time internet connection; Ability to save game, earn Achievements, receive title updates and online play requires log-in to Games for Windows LIVE; requires disc-in-drive to play; software installations required (included on disc) include Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries, Games for Windows LIVE client, Games for Windows LIVE Client Patch, Sony DADC SecuROM, Microsoft DirectX.
PERIPHERALS SUPPORTED: Microsoft compatible Keyboard and Mouse.
My expectations are that everyone here at Neo has already played through the original BioShock, but sometimes... posted Jan 04, 13 8:00am
The British Board of Film Classification has confirmed the BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition. BioShock and... posted Jun 18, 12 12:12am
Update: the content is now live. You thought it'd never happen, but here it is: the BioShock 2 Minvera's... posted May 17, 11 4:06pm
As promised many moons ago, the BioShock 2 "Protector Trials" single player DLC has been released free on PC,... posted Mar 14, 11 2:27pm
2K recently stated the BioShock 2 DLC "Minerva's Den" and "Protector Trials" would not be coming to PC, however,... posted Oct 27, 10 6:08pm
If you simply cannot get enough BioShock 2 -- even with all the DLC we've already seen -- the latest... posted Aug 31, 10 9:16pm
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Theme(s): Alternate Reality, Fantasy, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Developer: 2K Games
- Publisher: 2K Games
Released North America Feb 9, 2010 Europe Feb 9, 2010 Japan Feb 11, 2010 Australia Feb 9, 2010