BackgroundThink this is just another dual stick arcade shooter?
In Beat Hazard, you take your collection of music and turn it into stages that reflects the music being played. A game that changes along with the music!
Game PlayThe game is simple to play, only 3 inputs (Using a 360 controller, Mouse control is also supported) are necessary to control the ship (Movement, Gun, and bomb), but don't let that fool you into thinking it's lacking immersion.
The 'levels' in this game are music tracks on your hard drive. You can either play one of the 10 tracks included with the game, or a song on your hard drive. The levels change along with the music. The more energetic and heavy the song gets, the more crazy the action becomes!
There are 4 Pickups:
- Multiplier - A pickup which allow you to increase your score faster
- Powerup - A Pickup which boosts the power of your weapon.
- Volume Up - A pickup which increases the volume of the music, which boosts your ships power and the visuals on the screen.
- Superbomb - A pickup which adds an extra superbomb for you to obliterate nearby enemies with!
- Virtually Endless selection of levels limited only by your music collection
- Ranks - As you go up in the ranks, you earn bonuses like a multiplier boost when you start
- Brilliant Visuals to stimulate your senses!
- X-box 360 Controller support - Play it the way it was made to be played (Was an X-box 360 Indie Game)
- Online leaderboards - See how you stack up against other people around the world!
- Steam Achievements - Try to get them all!
- Steam Cloud - Uploads your saves to the server so you can continue on when you login from another computer.
Hardware InformationTaken from the Steam Page
OS: Windows XP/Vista/Win 7
Processor: 2.0GHz processor
Memory: 512+MB of RAM
Hard Drive: 40+MB of free hard drive space
Graphics: 256MB of video memory
Sound: DirectX-compatible sound
DirectX®: 9 or later
Controller: Xbox 360 controller
- Good tracks to play Apr 6
- Member Videos Oct 23
- need people talented people to make beat hazard ships Nov 27
- Neoseeker reviews Beat Hazard Ultra Jun 27
Beat Hazard Ultra, a shoot-em-up fueled by music, is one of the more unique titles around, and by no coincidence,... posted Jan 02, 12 9:17am
[image1 link=yes width=650] With the year coming to a close, the amount of new releases on PSN has been... posted Dec 13, 11 6:29pm
PC and 360 players have been enjoying the Beat Hazard for years now; soon PS3 players will be able to get in on... posted Sep 19, 11 8:45am
Update: support for both items is now live. Beat Hazard fans, PC gamers, and music junkies will be pleased... posted Jul 08, 11 12:36pm
[image2 link=yes width=650 height=184] Our review of Beat Hazard could be described as glowing -- really, we... posted Nov 01, 10 4:01pm
Missed out Beat Hazard review. No worries, little guy, it's right here. We're awfully sweet on the game, a... posted Apr 23, 10 6:10pm