Microsoft's download service Games on Demand has just launched on the PC via Games for Windows LIVE (GfWL). As... posted Dec 16, 09 12:46am
Who says Microsoft doesn't support the PC? Well, we do. But it gets a little better today: the previously... posted Dec 03, 09 8:57pm
- Introduction Thread. May 27
BackgroundBattlestations: Pacific delivers intense, action-packed combat and strategic warfare at an extraordinary scale and features two distinctly different single player campaigns. As the Americans, the game picks up the story where Battlestations: Midway left off and allows players to fight their way from The Battle of Midway to Okinawa as they try to secure peace in the Pacific. As the Japanese however, players take control of the Imperial Japanese fleet and have the unique chance to fight at Pearl Harbor before attempting to change the course of history and take full control of the Pacific Ocean
- Action and strategy: Plan your moves carefully on huge open-world arenas and then fight in the air, above sea, and underwater as you take direct control of your units and storm into combat. Join forces with friends online or play solo against the computer-controlled opponents in the all-new Skirmish mode, or battle each other in one of the five new, innovative multiplayer modes.
- Single-player campaign: The massive U.S. and Japanese single-player campaign has more than 28 story missions, double the size of the previous Battlestations: Midway.
- New units: The game also features 21 new units, including kamikaze and other WWII jets and units. Experience a whole new level of depth of gameplay while taking direct control of the infamous Ohka and other Japanese air units that terrorised the Pacific Ocean during WWII.
- Troops in battle: Launch your parachute squadrons with pinpoint accuracy or ensure the safe passage of your landing craft, and watch your battalions of troops capture key locations, man the defensive artillery, and gain a strategic foothold.