BackgroundIn the year 2142, the Earth is experiancing a new ice age. Thus the battle for land not yet covered by ice, a most belonged thing, starts. In this war, there are two sides: European Union and the Pan Asian Coalition. Both armies are highly equipped with the latest in war technology. Ranging from laser rifles all the way to walking mechs. And both armies are willing to fight for what little land is left. Now, the battle has been changed.
- Titan Mode: Wage epic-scale war to defeat your opponent's Titan, a massive flying warship, controlled by the team's commander. Players must destroy the Titan's shields, board the craft, fight to it's reactor core and detonate it from the inside - all while defending their own Titan.
- 64-Players Online (Internet connection required for online play.)
- Experience all-out war with Battlefield's legendary multiplayer for up to 64 players.
- Real-Time Persistence: To the victor goes the spoils! Equipment, medals and other rewards are awarded ingame and in real time. Choose an unlock and have access to it immediately next time you spawn. The game features five times more unlocks than Battlefield 2.
- Customisable Abilities: Gamers can expand their abilities and blend multiple player classes to match their play-style.
- Lethal Vehicles: Gamers control menacing Battle Walkers that stalk the land and futuristic gunships that patrol the skies. APC's and high-speed recon vehicles keep the action fast, furious and unpredictable.
- High-Tech Weaponry: EMP grenades, sentry guns, smart mines, cloaking devices, and more change the rules of the Battlefield forever.
- The world has changed: Fight for survival on the Battlefield of the 22nd century in brand new locations from Minsk to North Africa as the ice presses down from the North.
Hardware RequirementsWindows XP (32-bit) with Admin rights
1.7 GHz Intel Celeron D / Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP/ Sempron or greater
512 MB of RAM or more
8x or faster CD/DVD drive
2.3 GB free hard drive space or more
DirectX 9.0c compatible
128Mb Video card or more
Official URLOfficial Site
The Battlefield series is known for many things, and one of them is it's superb theme music. It's so well loved,... posted May 07, 12 7:00am
Now and then we like to highlight especially well-done fan projects, like this tribute to Battlefield 2142,... posted Apr 12, 12 4:04pm
It's been quite a wait, but the 1.51 patch has now been released for Battlefield 2142, the futuristic entry in... posted Feb 15, 11 5:04pm
From the EA Community Lounge at gamescom in Cologne, Germany, DICE community manager and representative "zh1nt0"... posted Aug 19, 10 5:52pm
On the good side, the Battlefield gameplay that began with Battlefield 1942 has been...
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Theme(s): Post-Apocalyptic, Military, Mechs/Bionics, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: DICE Stockholm
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Oct 17, 2006 Europe Oct 20, 2006
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (64)
- Battlefield Hardline
- Battlefield 4: China Rising
- Battlefield 4
- Battlefield 3
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Battlefield 2142
- Battlefield 2
- Battlefield Vietnam
- Battlefield: 1942