BackgroundThe award-winning Battlefield franchise invades the high tech frontlines of modern warfare in the new sequel, Battlefield 2. The game brings the intensity and excitement of Battlefield 1942 into the modern era with enhanced team play and the latest, most technologically advanced vehicles and weapons systems available to man.
In Battlefield 2, players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, the Chinese, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition. Armed with the latest modern weaponry, players can take control of any of the game's 30+ vehicles to engage in major conflicts with over 64 players in some of the largest online battles on the PC. Additionally, persistent character growth allows players to rise through the ranks and attain the ultimate rank of General.
GameplayAn all-new game engine and physics system brings the modern battlefield to life like never before. The new material penetration feature measures weapons' ability to fire through barriers based on their composition and players will need to know the difference between concealment and cover in order to survive.
Battlefield 2 features immense, richly detailed, destructible environments, from city streets to remote forests, in some of the most notorious hot spots around the world. Each map in Battlefield 2 adjusts in scale to support the number of players in the world, providing the ideal vehicle- to-player ratio and an optimized gameplay experience.
Enhanced team play features allow players to enter the action on the front lines as part of a formal squad, or work behind the scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their teammates.
Soldier kits now affect vehicles that players utilize on the battlefield. For instance, the medic kit can transform a vehicle into a mobile aid station and the support kit can make helicopters into flying ammo dumps.
- Online multiplayer action with 100+ players on the PC.
- All-new gameplay engine brings the immense locations to life complete with realistic physics and dynamic lighting.
- Maps scale to the number of players engaging in battle for a unique and intense experience every time.
- Take control of over 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, hovercraft, fast attack vehicles, and fighter jets.
- Choose to battle as U.S., Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.
- A variety of solider classes to choose from, including Assault, Sniper, Special Ops, Combat Engineer, and Anti-tank units.
- Join a squad or select the new Commander Mode to assume the strategic role of a battlefield commander directing his forces.
- New state-of-the-art weapon systems, including heat seeking missiles and laser designated bombs.
- Material penetration feature makes sure players know the difference between cover and concealment.
- Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players increase their rank and unlock awards, including new weapons, vehicle decals, medals and more.
- Earn ranks ranging from Recruit all the way to General.
- Full in-game community support including, buddy lists, stat tracking, live chat rooms, and in-game clan creation.
- Voice-over IP supported with USB headset.
Hardware RequirementsWindows XP (32-bit) with Admin rights
1.7 GHz Intel Celeron D / Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP/ Sempron or greater
512 MB of RAM or more
8x or faster CD/DVD drive
2.3 GB free hard drive space or more
DirectX 9.0c compatible (see video)
DirectX 9.0c compatible
Official URLOfficial Site
DICE's much loved shooter Battlefield 2 has been out for more than four years now, but gosh darn it, lots of people... posted Sep 01, 09 7:33pm
Battlefield 2... Incredibly addictive, but highly likely to spell the end for your...
A Typical PC Game. Or so you think when you first take a glimpse. Battlefield 2 is a...
- Genre: Shooter Action (PC)
- Theme(s): Military
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Digital Illusions
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Mar 21, 2005
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (64)
- Also known as:
- BF2 in North America
- Battlefield Hardline
- Battlefield 4: China Rising
- Battlefield 4
- Battlefield 3
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Battlefield 2142
- Battlefield 2
- Battlefield Vietnam
- Battlefield: 1942