BackgroundBased of the original Bard's Tale game, this is not a sequel to 1980's release. It is a completely new game, providing a truly innovative action-RPG experience with witty dialogue, strong sense of character personality, with stunning graphics and non-linear gameplay. Set in the Orkney islands of Scotland, you play the role of a bard, who "makes magic" by playing music.
GameplayA truly non-linear game, the player chooses the Bard's responses towards other characters he encounters with either 'snarky' or 'nice' dialogue. Each choice changes the course of events in the game. The action takes place in medieval times in a land based on the Orkney Islands off the coast of Scotland – the inspiration for many of the classic fantasy stories.
- The modern interpretation of the original Bard's Tale, the grandfather of all role-playing games, by the original producer - Brian Fargo.
- A new generation third-person, action/role-playing game featuring wicked humor and clever personality.
- Forget the quest to save the world, our hero is interested in just two things – coin and cleavage.
- A deep role-playing experience with non-linear game play resulting in many different outcomes and true replay value.
- Using the Snarky/Nice conversation system lets the players choose the tone of the Bard's interactions. Make your choice and live with the consequences.
- Develop your combat party by summoning a group of eccentrics and misfits to do your bidding.
- Brilliant graphics and bustling environments, alive with interactive townsfolk, original music (with singing), birds, animals, rustling trees, waving grass and trickling water, that immerse the player deep into the Bard's world.
- Based on the storied land of the Orkney Islands off the coast of Scotland - the inspiration for the classic fantasy worlds.
- Driven by the next generation of Snowblind's Everquest: Champions of Norrath Engine.
Hardware RequirementsDirectX Version: v9.0c
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP
System: Intel® Pentium® III 933 MHz or better or equivalent
RAM: 256 MB
Hard Drive Space: 5500 MB
Aran and 58 others own The Bard's Tale