Seven years. That's how long Asheron's Call 2 has been offline. Launched in 2003 and taken offline in 2005, posted Dec 13, 12 4:17pm
Dull is an understatement. Once you get past the "Wow" factor of the graphics, there...
I've played them all.. UO,AO,AC1,DAoC,EQ and more.... Asheron's Call 2 is the best out...
I looked foward to playing AC2, the hype and the screen shots made it look like a sure...
Microsoft Game Studios and Turbine Entertainment Software today announced that Asheron's Call 2 Fallen Kings, the... posted Nov 06, 02 12:22am
Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Asheron's Call 2 Fallen Kings will be released in North America on... posted Oct 30, 02 12:35am
Microsoft Game Studios today announced exclusive Asheron's Call 2 Fallen Kings pre-order programs at participating... posted Oct 18, 02 10:39pm
BackgroundAsheron's Call 2: Fallen Kings is the next generation Fantasy (MMORPG) where the world dynamically evolves around you. Enter a land devastated by a magical disaster, where the players must rebuild the world. Asheron's Call 2 has an all-new graphics engine, combat system and dynamic content system to deliver an engaging fantasy world where world-shaking changes sweep you along an epic story-line.
- Your world will never be the same: "Asheron's Call 2" features an unfolding storyline and a dynamic content system that can bring about an ongoing stream of world-shaking events, including blizzards, volcanoes and hordes of invading forces. As players become more powerful, they will be able to trigger some of these directly.
- Grand Campaign - As each major chapter unfolds, players will receive a series of quests intricately tied to the story-line, sweeping them up into the events and story around them.
- actions - Players will be able to align with one of three factions and can do battle with both monsters and players of opposing groups to capture and control precious resources.
- Rebuild the World - The world has been devastated by a great disaster. Players will be responsible for rebuilding the world and, on both a micro and macro level, their actions will help determine where and how the world is restored.
- Interactive Environments - Players will be able to impact their game-world like never before. Everything from being able to change their immediate environment from completing a quest all the way up to triggering global events.
- Tactical Combat: "Asheron's Call 2" features an all-new streamlined combat system where players are gripped by real-time decisions that influence the outcome of a battle.
- Players can excel and develop distinctive combat styles and techniques, and be the envy of other players.
- Fantasy in a new light: "Asheron's Call 2" uses the Turbine Engine G2, the next generation graphics engine that provides real-time 3D shadows and lighting, and dense reactive environments. This creates a rich, atmospheric world where dense grass and foliage sway in the wind, and water shimmers with reflections. The engine also enables highly detailed player characters and monsters a hundred times more massive than the players.
- Express your inner hero - Choose between three very different character races, including the industrious humans, the wild, magical Tumeroks or the behemoth Lugians. Develop your combat, crafting and magical abilities along distinct skill-trees with hundreds of skills, where experience and diligence will open up new paths for players to explore.
- Crafting System - A brand new crafting system will give players the chance to pursue non-combat skills. Begin as a humble crafter of mundane items and graduate to become a master craftsman of the most sought-after magical items.
Hardware RequirementsMicrosoft® Windows® 98/Me/XP/2000 PC with 733 MHz equivalent or higher processor
256 MB of system RAM
32 MB 3D video card with Hardware T&L
2 GB available hard disk space
4x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
56 Kbps or better Internet access. Internet access and an active .NET passport required to play