BackgroundAsheron's Call 2: Fallen Kings is the next generation Fantasy (MMORPG) where the world dynamically evolves around you. Enter a land devastated by a magical disaster, where the players must rebuild the world. Asheron's Call 2 has an all-new graphics engine, combat system and dynamic content system to deliver an engaging fantasy world where world-shaking changes sweep you along an epic story-line.
- Your world will never be the same: "Asheron's Call 2" features an unfolding storyline and a dynamic content system that can bring about an ongoing stream of world-shaking events, including blizzards, volcanoes and hordes of invading forces. As players become more powerful, they will be able to trigger some of these directly.
- Grand Campaign - As each major chapter unfolds, players will receive a series of quests intricately tied to the story-line, sweeping them up into the events and story around them.
- actions - Players will be able to align with one of three factions and can do battle with both monsters and players of opposing groups to capture and control precious resources.
- Rebuild the World - The world has been devastated by a great disaster. Players will be responsible for rebuilding the world and, on both a micro and macro level, their actions will help determine where and how the world is restored.
- Interactive Environments - Players will be able to impact their game-world like never before. Everything from being able to change their immediate environment from completing a quest all the way up to triggering global events.
- Tactical Combat: "Asheron's Call 2" features an all-new streamlined combat system where players are gripped by real-time decisions that influence the outcome of a battle.
- Players can excel and develop distinctive combat styles and techniques, and be the envy of other players.
- Fantasy in a new light: "Asheron's Call 2" uses the Turbine Engine G2, the next generation graphics engine that provides real-time 3D shadows and lighting, and dense reactive environments. This creates a rich, atmospheric world where dense grass and foliage sway in the wind, and water shimmers with reflections. The engine also enables highly detailed player characters and monsters a hundred times more massive than the players.
- Express your inner hero - Choose between three very different character races, including the industrious humans, the wild, magical Tumeroks or the behemoth Lugians. Develop your combat, crafting and magical abilities along distinct skill-trees with hundreds of skills, where experience and diligence will open up new paths for players to explore.
- Crafting System - A brand new crafting system will give players the chance to pursue non-combat skills. Begin as a humble crafter of mundane items and graduate to become a master craftsman of the most sought-after magical items.
Hardware RequirementsMicrosoft® Windows® 98/Me/XP/2000 PC with 733 MHz equivalent or higher processor
256 MB of system RAM
32 MB 3D video card with Hardware T&L
2 GB available hard disk space
4x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
56 Kbps or better Internet access. Internet access and an active .NET passport required to play
Official URLOfficial Site
Seven years. That's how long Asheron's Call 2 has been offline. Launched in 2003 and taken offline in 2005, posted Dec 13, 12 4:17pm
Dull is an understatement. Once you get past the "Wow" factor of the graphics, there...
I've played them all.. UO,AO,AC1,DAoC,EQ and more.... Asheron's Call 2 is the best out...
I looked foward to playing AC2, the hype and the screen shots made it look like a sure...
Microsoft Game Studios and Turbine Entertainment Software today announced that Asheron's Call 2 Fallen Kings, the... posted Nov 06, 02 12:22am
Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Asheron's Call 2 Fallen Kings will be released in North America on... posted Oct 30, 02 12:35am
Microsoft Game Studios today announced exclusive Asheron's Call 2 Fallen Kings pre-order programs at participating... posted Oct 18, 02 10:39pm
- Genre: Massively Multiplayer RPG (PC)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Turbine Entertainment
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Nov 7, 2002 Europe Dec 6, 2002
- Also known as:
- Asheron's Call 2: Fallen Kings in Europe