BackgroundIt's the year 2137. From a military training simulation a new kind of sport evolved: Arena Wars. The sport has attracted the greatest minds and the richest syndicates across the globe, each seeking to become legends in their own right, balancing strategy, speed and insidiousness.
From many champions will rise one true power. Only the best can win the tournament and become immortalised in the new world of Arena Wars
- 6 Single player tournaments with over 60 individual missions.
- Innovative resource/unit/power-up management and deployment system.
- 6 different unit types; each with specific attributes, strengths, and upgrade abilities.
- Multiplayer via LAN and Internet for up to 8 players and 4 observers per game with Advanced Chat Server.
- Arena Wars Server for online gaming. Play 2 vs. 2 standalone missions cooperatively with your ally via LAN or Internet.
- Replays in a quality you have never seen before: save the full game for complete playback, including every player's mouse and screen positions from the whole game. Observer views and even all voice and web cam data can be stored in the compact replay format.
- Supports real-time voice communication (via headset), and video (via web cam) enabling, for example, communication with all team members in a 4 vs. 4 game!
- 3 different game modes: Capture The Flag (CTF), Bombing Run (BR), and Double Domination (DD).
- Huge range of power-ups: Give your units advanced abilities, protect them, damage and immobilize enemy units...
- Special abilities for all units, including flying and teleportation.
- Upgrades for all units, creating more strategic possibilities.
- 3 different terrain sets (grassland, desert, volcano), all displayed using a fast and highly detailed 3D engine.
- Includes an easy to use, intuitive map editor. The exact same one used to build the game.
- Import your own player logos.
- Beginner friendly user interface.
- Unscripted artificial intelligence plays at a very high level, is never predictable, and can play on any map (retail or custom!). A vast range of AI settings and behavioral traits to select from.
- Play AW in any resolution your monitor can display! Default resolution: 1024x768 (but will display anything from 320x240 to 2048x1576 and more!). A host of graphic options are available to improve performance and make AW perfectly playable, even on less powerful machines.
Hardware RequirementsOperating system: Windows® 98SE/NT/ME/2000/XP/2003
700 MHz Processor
128 Mb RAM (256 Mb recommended)
GeForce 2 MX / Radeon 7500 or better
Internet connection (to play online)
80 Mb Free Hard Drive Space