BackgroundAPB brings players into a living, breathing city where cash is king and territory equals respect. In a fight to dominate the expansive world of APB, players must decide which side of the law to abide by, as Law Enforcement who take on the challenge of supporting and safeguarding justice, or as Gangs, who operate against the law and any opposing groups by any means necessary. APB will provide players with ultimate customization options from their weapons, vehicles and clothes to their attitude, music and environment.
GameplayAll Points Bulletin (APB) is a massively multiplayer online freeform combat and driving-based game (Hybrid-MMOG) APB(All Points Bulletin) is a complete free style game based on the real world. Players have to choose whether to be on the 'Law Enforcement' or the 'Gang'. To be good or bad, it is your choice.
- UNRESTRICTED LIBERTY, ULTIMATE FREEDOM APB is a genre-breaking game unlike any other in the MMOG market in which Gangs commit crimes and Law Enforcement try to stop them, resulting in dramatic chases, shoot-outs, busts, escapes and arrests. A wide range of action-based activities are supported. Those winning an encounter gain status and cash, and the cash can be spent on advanced weapons, vehicles and other kits. Players can carry out these activities individually, or band together into groups.
- PERSISTENT TURF WAR Both Gangs and Law Enforcement will continuously attempt to capture key areas of the city and expand their spheres of influence. These 'turf areas' offer access to the best gear, while persistently displaying their owner's status and symbols. Territory is vulnerable 24/7, with players constantly engaged in battles for control. For periods when they are not online, players must upgrade their defenses changing turf features or equipping AI adequately or run the risk of losing their turf to a rival Gang or Squad. Capturing multiple turf areas gets progressively harder, but provides correspondingly better rewards.
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE GAMING EXPERIENCE Gangs of APB live and breathe graffiti, attitude, customized cars and earning cash any way possible. Law Enforcement up holds honor, teamwork, advanced weapons, and the destruction of the Gangs. Players will determine how their characters live and grow in the APB world without typical MMOG leveling-up constraints. They'll create the ultimate customized online experience with vehicles, weapons, clothes, music, attitude, and environment. From tailoring characters' looks to creating catalogues of shared elements to defining their identity, every crew can have a unique, custom look from hair and clothing down to the way they walk, talk and the music they play.
"Merry Gift-Mas" is what Reloaded Productions is telling loyal APB Reloaded players today. Starting December... posted Dec 10, 12 6:54pm
APB lives on in the hands of GamersFirst as the (mostly) free-to-play APB Reloaded, currently in closed beta. As... posted May 03, 11 11:10am
GamersFirst is about to transform Realtime Worlds' APB in the APB Reloaded, and they'll be wanting to put the new... posted Jan 10, 11 7:17pm
Urban action MMO APB is getting a new lease in life as a (mostly) free-to-play game in the hands of GamersFirst,... posted Jan 04, 11 6:23pm
The sad saga of Realtime Worlds has mostly ended, but as it turns out, its urban crime MMO APB will indeed live... posted Nov 16, 10 7:14pm
APB didn't exactly work out for the late RealTime Worlds, but online game distributor K2 Network still sees... posted Nov 11, 10 8:39pm
The APB dream didn't last very long following the collapse of developer and operator Realtime Worlds, and... posted Sep 27, 10 6:04pm
APB's utter dissolution is now complete, but the story has yet to conclude for developer RealTime Worlds. The... posted Sep 17, 10 6:15pm
Only one day after APB's 1.4.2 update was supposed to have been released comes the unfortunate (but perhaps not... posted Sep 16, 10 6:47pm
Business financial restructuring firm Begbies Traynor has taken the reigns of APB developer Realtime Worlds, as... posted Aug 19, 10 7:21pm
Realtime Worlds is now sailing some rough seas after facing a tepid response to their urban action MMO, APB. The... posted Aug 18, 10 12:05am
Realtime Worlds has had to sit through lukewarm reception for its urban action MMO, APB, and very recently... posted Aug 13, 10 6:56pm
Couple months ago, we wrote about action MMO APB and its unique payment model which offered free time with... posted Jun 28, 10 10:19pm
At long last, the MMO action game APB (All Points Bulletin) has its launch dates set: June 29 for North America,... posted Apr 30, 10 4:34pm
Electronic Arts Q3 fiscal year 2010 results are quite revelatory in what to expect next year: the company will be... posted Feb 09, 10 3:05am
APB is one game that many people are looking forward to; far different than the regular batch of MMOs you commonly... posted Sep 16, 09 7:49pm
- Genre: Massively Multiplayer RPG (PC)
- Theme(s): Gangsta, Police/S.W.A.T.
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Real Time Worlds
- Publisher: GamersFirst
Released North America Jun 29, 2010 Europe Jul 2, 2010 Japan Q1 2007 Australia Q4 2010
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (32)
- Online Multi-player (32)