BackgroundThe Age of Empires Expansion: The Rise of Rome is the add-on to the award-winning, best-selling real-time strategy game Age of Empires. Focusing on the legendary Roman Empire, the Rise of Rome will challenge veterans and novices alike to wage war on an epic scale with four additional civilizations, several unique units, new technologies, and new campaigns, including the showcase campaign that focuses on the Rise of Rome itself.
GameplayYou take control of a civilisation during missions. Each of them has different features: some can access a particular technology the others can't. You control civilians that will build, hunt, fish, cut wood, bring gold/stone, etc.. You can also order to buildings to produce a specific unity. Also, you will have to build an army for defending and conquering your enemy. You can also make trade with your allies without forgetting that you can also explore the seas with boats. Your goal is to win but for doing it, you will have to advance in age. You have four ages and each one bring new buildings, new technologies (you'll have to develop them for improving your civilisation) and new units.
- Guide the Carthaginian into battle with the Romans in a classic "Punic War" campaign.
- Battle your friends in Multiplayer.
- Command new units such as the Slinger, Camel Rider, and Fire Galley.
- Shape your empire with the all-new Roman building set, including the Roman Wonder of the World - the Colosseum.
Hardware RequirementsFull Microsoft Age of Empires game
Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/Me/XP/2000
PC with 90 MHz equivalent or higher processor
16 MB of system RAM
30 MB available hard disk space
4x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
Local SVGA bus video display with 1 MB VRAM
Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
28.8 Kbps or better modem for online play
Official URLOfficial Site
SventheCrusader and 56 others own Age of Empires: Rise of Rome
FatalDeathSG45 played Age of Empires: Rise of Rome
HavenssongA really good and usefull extention for AoE with some nice new campains. AgeOfEmpiresRiseOfRome PC
Oct 13, 11 1:56pm
- Genre: Real-time Strategy (PC)
- Theme(s): Historical, Ancient Cultures
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: Ensemble Studios
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Oct 31, 1998 Europe Nov 18, 1998
- Age of Empires Online
- Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties
- Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs
- Age of Empires III
- Age of Mythology: The Titans
- Age of Empires II: Gold Edition
- Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
- Age of Empires II
- Age of Empires: Rise of Rome
- Age of Empires