BackgroundDeveloped by Related Designs in collaboration with Blue Byte, Anno 2070 takes place in a near-future environment where climate change has forced humanity to adapt to rising sea levels that have left stretches of once-fertile land completely inhospitable.
Game PlayPlayers need to master new technologies while facing numerous ecological challenges to build their empires. Anno 2070 offers players the ability to be architects of the future and create the world of tomorrow.
- A new era: while adhering to the fundamentals that made the Anno franchise a success, the near-future setting will bring numerous new gameplay mechanics, architectural breakthroughs, and all new challenges. Additionally, players will be able to build massive cities, the scope of which has never been seen in prior Anno games.
- A dynamic world: the world of Anno 2070 will evolve differently depending on each player’s playing style and choices. Players’ decisions will have an impact on the environment, the architectural look of their world, and the needs of their populations, leading them to refine and better understand the impact of their personal approaches to managing the world’s resources.
- Factions: players will be able to select between two factions when building their empires. Players can choose between an industrial and efficient course by joining the Tycoons or a more sustainable and environmentally-friendly direction by siding with the Ecos.
- Rich and varied game modes:
- Single player campaign: a story-driven single player mode with a deep variety of challenges.
- Single player “continuous mode”: the renowned endless game mode where the objective is to build the biggest civilization possible without time constraints.
- Multiplayer and Online features: Anno 2070 will include innovative online modes offering players brand new possibilities to get in touch with gamers all around the world.
- Outstanding graphics: A new version of the game engine, developed specifically by Related Designs for Anno 2070, allows the game to deliver a breathtaking visual experience never before seen in the Anno franchise.
- Worth Getting? Dec 20
Ubisoft announced it has finalized its acquisition of Related Designs, the studio behind the popular Anno series.... posted Apr 12, 13 6:49pm
Ubisoft and Related Designs announced today the release date and price for the upcoming add-on to Anno 2070, Deep... posted Aug 02, 12 1:26pm
So, who's excited for Anno 2070? Probably you, after you check out the new (and first) trailer for Related... posted Apr 13, 11 1:06pm
Ubisoft announced today another installment in the Anno strategy series, and time, developer Related Designs is... posted Apr 04, 11 12:48pm