Background1503 A.D. is the sequel to the popular 1602 A.D. 1503 A.D. combines strategy, colony-building, diplomacy, production, trade, and real-time land and sea battles. Playing area has been increased 10x since 1602 A.D.
GameplayExplore stunningly detailed environments to establish colonies in your quest for wealth and power. Compete against computer-controlled players and prepare yourself for potential interactions with nine different cultures, including Africans, Aztecs and Native Americans. As you found new colonies, negotiating peace treaties and commencing trade with your new neighbours becomes vital. A flexible and easily accessible menu helps interaction with nations in many varied, fledgling economic systems. Barter for necessities such as clothes and food, more exotic items like silk and spices as well as the empire building essentials, weaponry and raw materials.
- The Best of Both Worlds - All the intensity and action of the best real-time strategy games and the depth of the empire-building epics
- Brilliant Graphics - Stunning environments bring the 16th century to life - over 350 authentic building types from churches to watch towers to tobacco plantations
- The Superpowers of the 16th Century - From the stone streets of Europe to the steps of Asia to the jungles of South America, trade and war with nine different cultures, including Venetians, Mongolians, Aztecs and more
- Brave the Elements - Settle in climates as diverse as frozen Tundra, bleak deserts, and heavily vegetated jungles, each with their own unique natural resources and indigenous life and each posing unique challenges
- A World of Action - Experience unlimited action and take advantage of endless gameplay in Tutorial mode, Single Scenario mode, Campaign mode and Open-Ended mode
- Wage War on Land or at Sea - Build your armies through up to 14 different military units and 26 military upgrades. Vary your tactics based on the terrain - command armies to storm city walls, or empower navies to create embargoes against neighbouring cities
- Enhanced AI - Observe the differences in the cultures you encounter - some may look to establish trade and diplomatic ties while others may simply be out for blood. Different situations lead to different patterns of behaviour
Hardware RequirementsSystem: PII 500MHz or equivalent
RAM:128 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 12X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 16 MB VRAM
Hard Drive Space: 930 MB
Sound Board: Yes
DirectX: DirectX v8.1
Also known as "Anno 1503".
Added on: June 15, 2000
Official URLOfficial Site
Ubisoft announced it has finalized its acquisition of Related Designs, the studio behind the popular Anno series.... posted Apr 12, 13 6:49pm
love the game, yet challenging. really have to plan ahead or you'll find yourself with...
[quote]REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 24, 2003 - Do you have what it takes to rule the New World? Test your skills in... posted Mar 24, 03 7:37pm
- Genre: Real-time Strategy (PC)
- Theme(s): Historical, Ancient Cultures
- Perspective(s): Top Down,Isometric
- Developer: Sunflowers
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Mar 24, 2003 Europe Oct 23, 2002
- Also known as:
- Anno 1503: The New World in Europe