BackgroundBest known for their participation in assassination missions or covert operations deep behind enemy lines, Russia's Speznas or Special Purpose Forces have earned international recognition for being some of the toughest and adaptive soldiers any country has ever fielded.
ALFA group's existence is no secret in Russia, but their operations are classified. ALFA Group was formed in 1974 as a part of the 7th (Surveillance) Directorate of the KGB with a counter-terrorist and crime fighting role. Alfa operators saw service in Afghanistan and Chechnya, as well as domestic operations. They continue to exist to this day.
International relations continue to be stressed to the breaking point, violent disputes and outbreaks continue to be propagated by terrorist factions opposed to the political or religious ideals of the governing powers and the need for highly trained forces to combat these threats continues to become increasingly important.
GameplayALFA: Antiterror is a turn based tactical combat simulator that lets the player control Russia's special operations force through a four episode campaign based on the real life experiences of former ALFA members.
- Take command of Alfa team; Russia's premiere Special Operations force and Anti Terrorist squad.
- Tactical squad based combat simulator with temporal controls that allow the player to pause, rewind and replay action in slow motion as needed.
- Conduct missions leading squads of from 1 to 16 operatives comprised of the world's most highly trained and deadly soldiers.
- Each operative gains experience as they are fielded that dramatically affects their composure under fire as the game progresses.
- Plan out a squad's actions during the strategic phase and then watch how they are played out in real time as your units react to potential danger as it is uncovered.
- Exceptionally realistic 3D environments crammed with tactical terrain elements that provide the player with endless strategic possibilities and mission replayability.
- Tactical elements like true line of sight, line of hearing (earshot distance) and realistic camouflage provide the basis for a rich and immersive gaming experience.
- Global Operations in Chechnya, Afghanistan, the Middle East and other international locations.
- Distinct unit specializations oblige the player to select suitable team members to field for any mission and use them appropriately.
- Arm operatives with weapons selected form a huge international arsenal comprised of the world's finest weapons and equipment.
- 17 diverse danger filled missions broken down into a 4 episode Campaign that follows the exploits of Alfa team through historically based operations.
- Multi-player offers the choice of other special forces to be played as opposing teams or allied forces. Field teams of S.A.S (British), Delta Force (US), GSG-9 (German), GIGN (French).
- This game has been developed under the direction of former Speznas Alfa Squad members; the names and faces of the people involved have been changed to protect the individuals and their family members.
Hardware RequirementsWindows ME/2000/XP
Pentium 4 1.5 GHz (or equivalent AMD chip)
256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
DirectX 9.0 Compatible Video Card
Windows compatible sound card, mouse and keyboard