Background"Alan Wake" is a psychological action thriller from Remedy, the legendary and renowned developers of highly successful action titles. In this exciting new title exclusively for Windows and Xbox 360, gamers assume the role of Alan Wake, a best-selling suspense author who escapes to a small town to recover from the mysterious disappearance of his fiancée.
Set in the deceptively idyllic town of Bright Falls, Wash., "Alan Wake" immerses players in an intense and expansive cinematic world that enables players to roam freely in hyper-realistic, dynamic and interactive environments. "Alan Wake" is mission-based with a deeply engaging and suspenseful story line unveiling new twists and profound character revelations at every turn. Players will unravel the riveting plot through multilayered character interactions, unique problem-solving and intense combat against terrifying enemies. In this nightmarish world, Alan Wake must use a variety of weapons to survive, including his most powerful ally against the creatures of darkness — light itself.
- Dig for clues in a twisting and multi-layered story filled with suspense
- Mission-based structure of psychological action thriller similar to best of dramatic television
- Realistic environment; weather and light affect gameplay
- Explore and roam free in an open environment
- Solve unique puzzles and face intense combat
Key PC Version Enhancements
* Experience Alan Wake’s Pacific Northwest in higher resolutions and higher fidelity
than ever before
* Fully configurable mouse and keyboard support (or if you prefer to play with the
Microsoft gamepad connected to your PC, you can do that too!)
* A wide selection of customizable graphics settings and support for 4:3, 16:9 and
16:10 aspect ratios
* Multithreaded engine that takes advantage of quad core CPUs
* Additional features our fans have sought after, such as field of view adjustment as
well as “hide HUD”.
* Works with AMD Eyefinity 3D 3-screen mode
* Works with NVIDIA NVISION2 Stereoscopic 3D ===Official URL===
Remedy's next game, Quantum Break, was announced at yesterday's Xbox One reveal event. While it's no...
Remedy's next game, Quantum Break, was announced at yesterday's Xbox One reveal event. While it's no...posted May 22, 13 4:08pm
Developer and Publisher: Remedy Entertainment
The Finnish city of Espoo is best known...
Remedy Entertainment, the developer of the Alan Wake franchise, has confirmed the studio is hiring for "future... posted May 11, 12 10:12am
In a recent interview, Remedy's head of franchise development, Oskari Häkkinen, declared the original Alan Wake... posted Mar 13, 12 4:33pm
Anyone still waiting to get their hands on a boxed copy or the Collector's Edition of Alan Wake PC will need to... posted Mar 12, 12 10:22am
[image2 link=yes width=650 height=257] So much for Microsoft's theory of horror game Alan Wake not being... posted Feb 20, 12 10:35am
Alan Wake is set to launch any minute now via Steam, after years of waiting from PC gamers. While you wait... posted Feb 16, 12 9:20am
Alan Wake, Remedy Entertainment's well-received and reasonably popular action thriller from 2010, will soon be... posted Feb 09, 12 9:46pm
Since the recent announcement Alan Wake was finally making its way to PC, players have been noting the game had... posted Feb 02, 12 8:56am
The announcement last month Remedy's horror game Alan Wake was finally coming to PC surprised everyone. Even... posted Jan 23, 12 10:13am
Microsoft seemed to believe horror game Alan Wake was a much better fit for Xbox 360 than PC, and dedicated all... posted Dec 14, 11 8:23am
- Genre: Mystery Adventure (PC)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Remedy Entertainment
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Feb 16, 2012 Australia Mar 22, 2012