BackgroundThe new game picks up where Age of Empires II: Age of Kings left off, placing gamers in the position of a European power determined to explore, colonize and conquer the New World. The single player campaign will now span 3 generations instead of just playing through one.
GameplayBattle your way through several campaigns of single player action from a top down view, controlling all your units and planning the best way to attack enemies while defending your own base. In multiplayer battle against computer players or other people over the Internet in several game modes.
- Choose between 8 different European civilizations, each with their own unique bonusses and units.
- Possibly the biggest new feature in AoE3 is the Home City, you level it up like an RPG character and you can upgrade it ect. and when the time is right you can get shipments from it in-game.
- Native Tribes: Players will be able to interact and ally with native tribes. Then they will "spawn" units in thier camp for the players use.
- There will be one trade route in each map (two in the the Texas style map) and you can build a trade post near it and when the trade medium (what starts as an Native American can be upgraded to a stagecoach and then trains) passes you get the new resource: Coin.
- With the new Havok Physics Engine, when units are hit by cannon balls, they go flying. Also when buildings are being destroyed peices will fall of it.
Hardware Requirements[b]Minimum System Requirements:</b?
Microsoft® Windows® XP
PC with 1.4 Ghz equivalent or higher processor
256 MB of system RAM
2.0 GB available hard disk space
32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
64 MB video card with HT&L
Sound card with speakers or headphones
Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play
DirectX 9.0c or above
Official URLOfficial Site
leDinx and 111 others own Age of Empires III
Pikachu8me and 23 others played Age of Empires III
- Genre: Real-time Strategy (PC)
- Theme(s): Historical, Medieval, Naval
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: Ensemble Studios
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Oct 18, 2005 Europe Nov 4, 2005 Japan Jan 27, 2006 Australia Nov 1, 2005
- Age of Empires Online
- Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties
- Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs
- Age of Empires III
- Age of Mythology: The Titans
- Age of Empires II: Gold Edition
- Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
- Age of Empires II
- Age of Empires: Rise of Rome
- Age of Empires