BackgroundCenturies after the fall of the empire, the world still rests in an uneasy balance, where even myths and fables deceive. A name on an ancient map brings back the memories of the distant past, turning a myth into unclear reality, and casting the player into political games built on years of discontent and ignorance of the past. Exploring both the legends and the land, you will have an opportunity to learn what truly happened in the past before the war turned civilization to ash or remain ignorant, believing in what you are told. You will be able to make powerful alliances, faithfully serving the interests of your patrons, or manipulating them to reach your own goals. You will have to find out where the map leads to and what is waiting for you at the end. That's where the future of your world and your own future would be determined.
- 7 distinctive gameplay styles: from knight, serving a Noble House, to grifter, preying on greed and gullibility.
- 23 skills, ranging from Dagger and Critical Strike to Disguise and Persuasion to Crafting and Lore.
- Action Point-based combat system, featuring a flexible set of standard attacks, special attacks such as whirlwind and impale, and aimed attacks at different body parts.
- 8 weapon types: daggers, swords, axes, hammers, spears, bows, crossbows, throwing weapons, each with individual traits.
- Non-combat quest resolutions and a well-developed diplomatic path ( "The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." )
- Over 100 quests, taking you to 22 locations: towns, outposts, archeological digs, sealed places of Power, underground facilities, and temples.
- Each situation has multiple ways of handling it, based on your skills, reputation, and connections. Each way has consequences that will affect someone or something.
- Extensive dialogue trees, written with role-playing in mind. You can use many skills in dialogues, take actions like stealing or sneak-attacking, and play your character with personality as you see fit.
- An interesting world with rich history and unclear future that your actions can shape into seven very different game endings.
- Detailed crafting and alchemy systems: melt items and create new ones, balance your sword, play with Greek fire, increase your poison's potency, use corrosive acid on locks, and experiment with black powder.
- Hundreds of items, ranging from weapons and armor to scrolls, tools, flasks, and pre-war relics.
- 3D world created with Torque Game Engine, featuring detailed locations and almost 200 unique animations.
**Note: This is a Pre-Release Impressions Report**
What I adored about Age Of Decadence...
Turn-based RPG nuts and those that follow the independent gaming scene may want to check out a just released... posted Dec 28, 09 11:35am