BackgroundIn a world filled with cruel gods, mythical creatures, lost civilizations and a struggling human race, the mighty barbarian has finally seized the throne as king of Aquilonia. But Conan's rule is on the brink of chaos, spiraling towards the doom of ancient evils.
In this twisted fantasy world, dark magic and brutal combat lurks around every corner, and each man and woman must carve their own unique destiny under Conan's reign. In the true vision of Robert E. Howard's dark universe it's now time for you to become a messenger of death.
- Explore Hyboria, the legendary world of Conan, presented in incredible graphics and sound.
- Emerge as a hero from a story-driven single-player experience and embark into even greater adventures in the multiplayer part of the game. The branching single-player story is created by the award-winning writers behind The Longest Journey, Dreamfall and Anarchy Online so expect a rare treat.
- Experience Funcom's revolutionary "Real Combat" engine. A new multi-point melee system allows the players to swing their weapons where they direct it, in real-time, going head-on against the formulaic nature of online RPG combat.
- Create player-made battle formations, and command both NPC's and other players in epic multiplayer battles.
- Form guilds in the multiplayer game and lay siege to hostile castles. Let the catapults sing their merry song of death as the enemy is brutally crushed to a pulp.
Official URLOfficial Site
In November, EA and Mythic announced a never-ending streaming trial for Warhammer Online, with a level 10... posted Dec 14, 09 10:22pm
If last month's new subscription model and Veteran Points system wasn't enough for you, Funcom has yet more goodness... posted Nov 11, 09 7:19pm
Funcom's MMORPG Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures sees its 5.6 patch debut today; titled "Nights of Lost Souls",... posted Oct 27, 09 5:09pm
Funcom is eager to redeem themselves with the MMO community. As such, they are allowing previously registered Age... posted Jul 08, 09 4:50pm
A couple days ago, we offered a deeply comprehensive rundown of new content in the Age of Conan "Tarantia Commons"... posted Jun 26, 09 5:12pm
Funcom's Age of Conan is still going strong, certainly enough so they can still bring the community gargantuan... posted Jun 24, 09 3:44pm
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures is celebrating its one year anniversary, and Funcom is quite pleased with the... posted May 18, 09 6:51pm
It's never a good sign but it almost always happens: somewhere in the lifecycle of a MMORPG free trial play period... posted Apr 02, 09 5:57pm
Last year the Age of Conan's launch was met with much fanfare on developer Funcom's part, boasting it was one of the... posted Jan 12, 09 7:43pm
With all the great success surrounding Warhammer Online and World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, we sometimes... posted Dec 12, 08 8:21pm
Funcom has announced Producer and Game Director for Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures Gaute Godager has quit the... posted Sep 17, 08 3:28pm
The lamentations of the enemies' women continue to reverberate throughout the Halls of Vaporaction, as Funcom points... posted Jun 30, 08 5:17pm
With Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures offering some seriously significant competition to the ever-prominent World... posted Jun 16, 08 4:19pm
The Age of Conan continues to gather its faithful; late last month developer Funcom boasted how the MMORGP managed... posted Jun 06, 08 5:33pm
Age of Conan went live last week, and Funcom boasts it's already building momentum with MMO buffs. The developer... posted May 26, 08 6:39pm
- Genre: Massively Multiplayer RPG (PC)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Funcom
- Publisher: Funcom
Released North America May 20, 2008 Europe May 23, 2008 Australia May 23, 2008