BackgroundIn May 1897, Sherlock Holmes accompanied by Dr. Watson comes to a party organized at Sherringford Hall of Sir Melvyn Bromsby, construction tycoon. All guests were invited to welcome his daughter, Lavinia who has just returned to England. In fact, Sherlock Holmes was more attracted by the famous singer Gallia who was supposed to perform during this reception. It is rumored, that during his opening address, the host is to announce something of great importance concerning the future of his business. It is 11 P.M. People crowd near the bar. Sir Bromsby appears, accompanied by his chief associate, Hermann Grimble. He takes his place on the stage. He barely starts welcoming his guests, when suddenly Sir Melvyn Bromsby falls to the floor. There is a darkening red stain visible on his tuxedo right over his heart The Guests panic and Lavinia Bromsby runs toward her dying father
Holmes decides to act quickly, not waiting for the police to come.
Why was Sir Bromsby so worried before he started his opening address? Lavinia Bromsby, his lovely daughter, is she so innocent? Who and what was the murderer trying to hide with this murder?
GameplayThe famous pair of detectives is back! Play as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson through 25-30 hours of investigation with Insp. Lestrade, Mycroft Holmes, Wiggins, and Mrs. Hudson's able assistance.
- A new original story, "The Silver Earring" has been written by a true Sherlock Holmes fan for you!
- The famous pair of detectives is back! Play as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.
- 25-30 hours of investigation with Insp. Lestrade, Mycroft Holmes, Wiggins, and Mrs. Hudson's able assistance.
- 5 graphically rich levels of the game with 40 different 19th century London locations.
- Consider your discoveries and answer questions in Sherlock Holmes' quiz at the end of each level.
- 20 high quality movies.
- Original orchestral music of Nicolo Paganini and Felix Mendelssohn.
Hardware RequirementsSupported OS: Windows 98/Me/2000/XP (only)
Processor: Pentium III 600 MHz, AMD Athlon (Pentium III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon or higher recommended)
RAM: 256 MB
Video Card: 32 MB DirectX 8.1 or higher compliant (64 MB 3D-accelerated video card recommended)
Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compliant
Direct X: DirectX 8.1 or higher (included on disc)
CD-ROM Drive: 8x CD-ROM (24x recommended)
Hard Drive Space: 1500 MB free
Official URLOfficial Site
feco91 and 2 others played Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring
feco91 and 2 others own Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring
- Genre: Mystery Adventure (PC)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Frogwares
- Publisher: Digital Jesters
Released North America Sep 28, 2004 Europe Sep 3, 2004
- Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Vol. II
- Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Vol. III
- The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
- Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper
- Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet
- Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis
- Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
- Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring
- Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy
- The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo
- The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel
- Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective