BackgroundA story-driven 3D game, Max Payne tells the tale of a cop who must investigate the murder of his family while dodging the suspicions of a separate murder he's framed for. Max has to comb the moonlight streets while searching for the mafia thugs, street punks, and seedy freaks who may or may not have information on why he's been framed or who killed his family.
- Max Payne is a story-driven 3rd person action game aimed for a mature audience.
- Two camera modes show the grim present day New York City setting and the gunplay action from the best possible angles. The follow-up mode tails Max Payne, as he runs, his guns blazing and his long leather jacket flapping, through trash littered alleys and cockroach crawling hotel rooms.
- Realistic weapon setup includes over a dozen real-life guns, all fitting the crime-story setting like a bullet in the head.
- The action is surrounded with more than 80 graphic novel storyboards that enhance the game's dark and gritty atmosphere and attitude, introduce the game's murderous cast of characters and carry the twisting roller coaster plot from one action location to the next.
- Uses new MAX-FT Technology.
- Smooth character system that allows seamless characters meshes with a wide range of movement. Characters naturally receive lighting properly from the environment.
- Particle systems. Remedy's ParticleFX editor lets the user create different particle systems that can be used real-time within the game.
- Full Radiosity Lighting. The lighting has never been this realistic. MAX-FX Radiosity Lighting photo-realistically reflects the light and casts shadows in the environment
Hardware RequirementsSystem: PII 450 or equivalent
RAM:96 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 8X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 16 MB VRAM
Hard Drive Space: 600 MB
Sound Board: Yes
DirectX: DirectX v8.0
Recommended System Requirements
System: PIII 700 or equivalent
RAM: 128 MB RAM
Video Memory: 32 MB VRAM
Hard Drive Space: 800 MB
Published by Gathering of Developers/Take 2 Interactive.
Official URLOfficial Site
Back when it was first released and I was still too young to know what the *bleep* was...
We were all sitting around this morning, waiting for the hammer to fall, when someone mentioned Max Payne. That's... posted Mar 23, 09 5:46pm
A few years ago, I wasn't much into personal computer gaming at all when a friend told...
- Genre: Adventure (PC)
- Theme(s): Film Noir
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Remedy Entertainment
- Publisher: G.O.D.
Released North America Jul 24, 2001 Australia Aug 2, 2001