BackgroundGhost Master puts the player in the role of a new Ghost Master; a spirit assigned the task of cleansing certain locations of all human activity. They will harness psychic energy, known as plasm to generate all manner of ghostly and psychic phenomena - literally scaring all the people away. These spirits help the player build up the Fear Factor, and eventually do drive away the mortals and achieve victory.
GameplayGhost Master is a strategy game with a difference. Your aim is to build up and control a team of ghosts, and your goal is to scare the humans.
Set in the town of Gravenville, there are number of different scenarios to play, set over a variety of fully 3D environments including the country house, police station and hospital.
Instead of playing with one single character, you build up an entire ghostly team. There are around 50 ghosts in total and each haunter has its own personality, strengths, and weaknesses. As the game develops the characters themselves will develop and grow. What's more, each one has its own unique set of powers - some can make the walls drip with blood while others can cut the lights in the room...
Each time you scare a human or 'mortal', you will increase your plasm; the energy you need to scare them in the first place. Scare them too much and people will flee from the building, which will make your job more difficult.
Ghost Master uses a unique AI engine, which gives the player a sense of natural human behaviour. The mortals will go about their everyday lives; cooking, going to work, arguing with each other... until they encounter the horrors you control! After facing these horrors they will become irrational, afraid, and sometimes even go insane! As well as horror the game also contains elements of humour.
- Up to 15 unique, hair-raising adventures with multi-branching scenarios - all within a coherent plot and complete virtual world.
- Easy-to-play interface - forget the manual!
- Spook's-eye view - an innovative 3D camera lets you view the action from the perspective of humans or ghosts.
- Revolutionary special effects, incredibly detailed characters, and macabre settings inspired by classic horror films.
- Groundbreaking artificial intelligence - interact with up to 30 AI-driven characters at every level.
- Eleven expansive and distinctive locations, including the town's lunatic asylum, military base, sorority and frat houses, and police station.
Hardware RequirementsWindows 98/ME/2000/XP
Pentium II 500 MHz or higher
256 MB RAM
200 MB hard drive space
DirectX 8 compatible 3D graphics card with 32 MB RAM
DirectX compatible sound card
Microsoft compatible keyboard & mouse
Official URLOfficial Site
Squizzy and 46 others own Ghost Master
DarkkTrainerr played Ghost Master
I love this game. I especially like the way the game makes me feel like I am playing...