BackgroundTry playing over 60 different types of insects with almost perfect recreation of real life situations. Use tactics and strategies for resource management and fights to the death. Build an empire and rule with an advanced technology and kingdom.
GameplayEmpire of the Ants is a real-time strategy game based on the best-selling novel of the same name, written by Bernard Werber. Players will be exposed to the beautiful, microscopic world of the ants as it comes to life with real-time 3D multiple camera angles and in and out zooms. Players will take on the role of an up-and-coming ant commander that has been given the task to oversee the welfare and expansion of a colony of russet ants. Each player must build up their forces, guard their anthill, collect food and building materials, and maintain and grow their colony of ants.
This title features extraordinary AI that replicates the instincts of each insect and faithfully reproduces more than 60 different species of insect and animal to exploit and engage in battle. Multiplayer mode allows for up to 8 players over LAN or Internet to take part in multiplayer skirmishes with a wealth of options and play styles. The North America version of Empire of the Ants has new features such as: new units to command, new enemies to conquer and new lands to explore.
- 11 exciting and varying missions
- 13 different breeds of ant to control and numerous units such as exploding soldier ants, queen's gunners and doorkeepers
- Encounter other weird and wonderful creatures including : spiders, crabs, beetles, locusts, sparrows and many more
- Real time effects including winter and summer seasons, rain, wind and night / day
- Beautifully rendered 3D graphics, depicting a lavish insect kingdom
- Multiple view angles including back and forward zoom
- Single player or multiplayer options for up to 8 players over LAN or Internet
- Innovative AI that reproduces the instinctual behaviors of every insect
- Difficulty level options
Hardware RequirementsWindows 95/98/2000
Pentium II 233
3D accelerator card
32 mb of ram
200 mb of hard drive space
Direct X compatible sound card
Pentium II 350
64 MB of ram
Local area network (2 to 8 players)
Internet connection (up to 8 players)
Modem (28k or higher)
Direct serial link (2 players) via null modem cable
Not a real exciting comment, but it rools! i have the game.
The game play is just what I wanted. Busy, challenging, and fun. The problem is the...
Strategy First Inc. and Microids hav announced today that Empire of the Ants has gone gold. Empire of the Ants is... posted Jun 29, 01 7:25pm