BackgroundThis major expansion for Civilization III will include full multiplayer support, eight additional civilizations, and new map and terrain features providing new challenges and ways to play for veteran and novice Civilization game players around the world. Play The World will include three different Internet and LAN game styles, including turn-based, simultaneous, and for the first time in a Civilization game, a turnless mode.
GameplayEight new civilizations including new leaders and units provide even more challenges and strategic options. A powerful Scenario Editor allows players to construct their dream scenario and share it with players from around the world. Play scenarios created by others, or build your own.
- Multiplayer Modes: Includes Turn-Based and Simultaneous game types and appearing for the first time in a Civilization game, a Turn-less mode. Provides full TCP-IP/LAN, Hotseat and Play be Email support.
- Multiplayer games: Face off against the best Civilization players worldwide with fast-paced multiplayer games like Elimination, Domination, Regicide and Capture the Flag.
- Eight new Civilizations featuring new Leaders including: Genghis Khan Temujin, King Hannibal, Queen Isabella and King Brennus, and all new units will challenge your diplomatic and combat skills.
- Enhanced Scenario Editor, including new unit and tile sets lets players construct a Scenario from any time period.
- Players can strengthen their empire with:
- New map features like outposts, airfields and radar towers
- New guerilla and medieval infantry units
- New wonders and city improvements like the stock market or the Internet
- Updated interface improvements like auto bombard, rally points, stacked movement and a streamlined espionage interface allow for more efficient management.
- A dazzling new opening cinematic and combat animations bring your Civilization world to life like never before.
- Easier-to-use interface for streamlined management and better control.
Hardware RequirementsOperating System: Windows® 95/98/Me/2000
Processor: Pentium® II 300MHz
Memory: 32 MB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 400 MB free hard drive (+50 for swapfile)
CD-ROM Drive: 4X Speed or higher
Video: DirectX® 8.0a-compatible video card* (must be able to display 1024x768x16 bit)
Sound: DirectX® 8.0a-compatible sound card*
DirectX: DirectX® version 8.0a (included) or higher
Official URLOfficial Site
ShadowCrystallux played Civilization III: Play the World
ShadowCrystallux and 9 others own Civilization III: Play the World
- Genre: Turn-based Strategy (PC)
- Developer: Firaxis Games
- Publisher: Infogrames
Released North America Oct 30, 2002
- Sid Meier's Starships
- Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World
- Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings
- Sid Meier's Civilization V
- Civilization IV: Colonization
- Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
- Civilization IV
- Civilization: Call to Power
- Civilization III
- Civilization: Call To Power 2
- Civilization II