BackgroundThe legacy of Sid Meier's empire-building strategy series continues with Civilization III. You're still required to help a fledging culture grow through exploration, discovery, diplomacy, and combat. Gameplay enhancements include a richer combat system that allows you to produce great leaders, increased technical finesse, and uses for ranged weapons.
- Choose from the many civilizations that were on Earth
- Command and Conquer your enemy
- Each Civilization has their own Strengths and Weaknesses
- Play god, and make new rules with the Rule Editor
- Each Civilization has a unique unit
Hardware RequirementsOperating System: Windows® 95/98/Me/2000
Processor: Pentium® II 300MHz
Memory: 32 MB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 400 MB free hard drive (+50 for swapfile)
CD-ROM Drive: 4X Speed or higher
Video: DirectX® 8.0a-compatible video card* (must be able to display 1024x768x16 bit)
Sound: DirectX® 8.0a-compatible sound card*
DirectX: DirectX® version 8.0a (included) or higher
Official URLOfficial Site
Civilization III is like it says, the third game in Sid Meier's great series...
I bought CivIII before any of the expansions. I played the game to death. I couldn't...
I have played a lot of games, and a lot of them were good, and had good sequels. While...
Civilisation 3.. mostly I'm a fan of RPG's like RA 2 and racing games like Midtown...
You might think that this game would be really boring if it's educational...but the...
Overall, much better than Civ2. They took out the cheat list, which was great, becuase...
Well I think this game is perfect its much better than any RTS even Empire Earth and I...
Infogrames and FIRAXIS Games have announced today Sid Meier's Civilization III: Play The World, an expansion pack... posted May 08, 02 6:03pm
Excellent game. Hours just melt away. If the computer opponents executed faster, it...
Gone Gold reports yesterday that Firaxis and Infogrames' empire-building strategy title Civilization III has gone... posted Oct 09, 01 6:50pm
- Genre: Turn-based Strategy (PC)
- Theme(s): Historical
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: Firaxis Games
- Publisher: ATARI
Released North America Oct 30, 2001 Europe Nov 16, 2001 Australia Nov 16, 2001
- Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World
- Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings
- Sid Meier's Civilization V
- Civilization IV: Colonization
- Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
- Civilization IV
- Civilization III: Conquests
- Civilization III
- Civilization: Call To Power 2
- Civilization: Call to Power
- Civilization II