Ever since the announcement of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Beamdog's Trent Oster has been going into overtime... posted Apr 16, 12 4:02pm
1998 was a long time ago in gaming years. Still, that was when BioWare developed the original Baldur's Gate for... posted Mar 15, 12 2:45pm
CD Projekt today held a virtual conference announcing its digital PC classics service Good Old Games ( posted Sep 22, 10 4:14pm
Like many, we were very upset this past Sunday when it seemed awfully sure digital PC classics service Good Old... posted Sep 21, 10 2:25pm
Fans of classic PC RPGs are pretty much all familiar with Interplay/Atari's catalogue which includes the likes of... posted Oct 26, 09 7:51pm
Baldur's Gate (henceforth BG) is an RPG based on traditional Advanced Dungeons and...
This game paves the way for its perfect sequel, BG2. It is barely less of a game...
Well this game actually turned out to be a success on of the xbox. The past games...
General/Summary: Indeed Baldur's Gate is successful in every aspect of the game. It is...
Here's the news from the Interplay Baldur's Gate Page: [quote]11.10.99 Welcome, Black Isle Studios and BioWare... posted Nov 11, 99 11:26am
BackgroundThe player learns that they are the ward of Gorion, and know nothing about your past. Your peaceful life in Candlekeep, where books are a ticket into the gates, is threatened by some mysterious danger, sending you on a great mission.
- 5 CDs filled with prerendered backgrounds, compelling music, and gameplay
- Every location is unique since our backgrounds are rendered rather than tiled
- Everything displayed in vibrant 16-bit color (65536 different colors)
- Isometric, top-down view gives a birds eye view of the action
- 3D height maps for realistic travel over terrain - actually climb stairs, fall into pits, and traverse rocky areas
- Dynamic full color lighting effects
- Realistic day to night changes in the lighting of the world
- Rain, snow, fog, lightning, all occuring in real-time
- Dynamic changes in character appearance - as you change a character's weapons and armor, you see it on that character
Hardware RequirementsSystem: Pentium-166 or equivalent
RAM:16 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 4X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 2 MB VRAM
Hard Drive Space: 300 MB
Sound Board: Yes
Recommended System Requirements
System: Pentium-200MMX or equivalent
RAM: 32 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 8X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 4 MB VRAM
Hard Drive Space: 600 MB
3D Sound Card: Yes
Official URLOfficial Site
- Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (2000)
- Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal (2001)
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (2012)
- Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast (1999)
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2002)