BackgroundAsheron's Call is an online RPG which allows great amounts of interactibility and choice. Players can make up their characters rather than choose from a limited list.
- Unique Character Creation: Players can create characters that are visually unique utilizing three heritage groups and hundreds of facial features and clothing options. In all, there are over 100 million visual combinations. In addition, there are six character attributes and greater than 30 skills from which players can customize initial performance levels.
- Innovative Player Interaction: Asheron's Call's allegiance and fellowship system facilitates a social dimension of game play never before experienced in a computer game. The more allies a player acquires, the greater his or her influence becomes. The system encourages experienced players to work with newer players and enhances social interaction.
- Continuous 3D-Fantasy World: Asheron's Call is a 24 mile by 24 mile island, nearly 1/2 the size of Rhode Island, with all types of terrain including mountain glaciers, desert wastelands, swamps and subterranean dungeons. Unique server technology creates one continuous gaming world that can handle thousands of players.
- Evolving Story Line: Asheron's Call provides an engaging back-story equivalent to 4,000 years of game history for players to discover. On-line game administrators will be actively working to advance the overall story line based on the decisions and actions of the Asheron's Call community.
- Strategy Based Combat System: Asheron's Call's combat system is based on a real physics engine that factors in player skills and experience. Combat requires players to consider strategy and tactics as they go into battle.
- Dynamic Magic System: Designed with hundreds of modular components, spells are formed through combining words, gestures, and magical items. Players acquire spells through training, adventuring, or even experimenting with sequences of components to create their own spells. In a unique spell "economy", the fewer players that use a particular spell, the greater the effectiveness of that spell.
Hardware RequirementsSystem: Multimedia PC with a Pentium 166 MHz or higher processor
Microsoft Windows® 95 or 98 operating system with DirectX 6.1 API
Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 3.02 or later browser software, or Netscape 4.0 or later
RAM: 32 MB of RAM
170 MB free hard-drive space; additional 100 MB of hard disk space recommended for system swap file
CD: Quad-speed CD-ROM drive
Monitor: Super VGA monitor (16-bit color), 800x600 display
Accessories: Super VGA (800 x 600) video card supporting 16-bit color
Microsoft Mouse or other compatible pointing device
Official URLOfficial Site
This is the first and only online role playing game I have played so I cannot compare...
Very nice game. I was a Beta tester for. Ive ran it on a P2-266 with 64MB RAM and it...
The game is amazing, If this is how I was to fill out a survey this is how I would do...
Customer Service blows away OSI in every single aspect.
Things change and evolve. There...
Turbine Entertainment Software has let loose word today that is has signed a contract with Microsoft to produce a... posted Feb 26, 01 11:04pm
posted Nov 03, 99 5:14pm
posted Oct 25, 99 4:48pm
[quote]To herald the end of the Asheron's Call beta, which takes place at the stroke of midnight this Sunday,... posted Oct 23, 99 3:37pm
posted Oct 16, 99 7:41pm