BackgroundAge of Empires 2: Age of Kings is the sequel to the award-winning Age of Empires, a fantasy RTS in which you build up your civilization in order to conquer it all...
GameplayYou take control of a civilisation during missions. Each of them has different features: some can access a particular technology the others can't. You control civilians that will build, hunt, fish, cut wood, bring gold/stone, etc.. You can also order to buildings to produce a specific unity. Also, you will have to build an army for defending and conquering your enemy. You can also make trade with your allies without forgetting that you can also explore the seas with boats. Your goal is to win but for doing it, you will have to advance in age. You have four ages and each one bring new buildings, new technologies (you'll have to develop them for improving your civilisation) and new units.
- Battle alongside heroes of the day. Strive with one of following heroes to victory: Joan of Arc, William Wallace, Genghis Khan, Saladin, and Barbarossa.
- Command one of 13 mighty civilizations including the Franks, Japanese, Byzantines, Vikings, Mongols, and Celts. Each with unique attributes, buildings, technologies, and specific combat units based on its historical counterpart.
- Choose the path to greatness. Will it be an economic path created out of craftsmanship, trade and diplomacy? Or a military route of siege and naval warfare? Or by building a Wonder of the World that will stand the test of time?
Hardware RequirementsMicrosoft® Windows® 95/98/Me/XP or NT 4.0 with service pack 5
PC with 166 MHz equivalent or higher processor
32 MB of system RAM
200 MB available hard disk space, 100 MB of available hard disk space for swap file
4x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
Super VGA with 2 MB of video memory
56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play
Official URLOfficial Site
JonesFRB and 140 others own Age of Empires II
DrLSumer and 28 others played Age of Empires II
We first heard rumors that Age of Empires II would be coming to Steam when some scrubbed Valve's databases last... posted Mar 07, 13 9:10am
Age of Kings will forever be one of the best strategy games of all time. The insanely...
- Genre: Real-time Strategy (PC)
- Theme(s): Historical, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: Ensemble Studios
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Sep 8, 1999 Europe Sep 30, 1999
- Age of Empires Online
- Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties
- Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs
- Age of Empires III
- Age of Mythology: The Titans
- Age of Empires II: Gold Edition
- Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
- Age of Empires II
- Age of Empires: Rise of Rome
- Age of Empires