BackgroundPlay one of history's twelve mightiest civilizations. Each Civilization has strengths and weaknesses and can researched different technologies. You are the guiding spirit of a tribe that predates one of the great cultures of antiquity. Your goal is to build your tribe into a mighty civilization that can vie for world dominance. You can establish alliances with other civilizations, exchange tribute, and establish trade routes. Other civilizations are controlled by human or computer players.
GameplayYou take control of a civilisation during missions. Each of them has different features: some can access a particular technology the others can't. You control civilians that will build, hunt, fish, cut wood, bring gold/stone, etc.. You can also order to buildings to produce a specific unity. Also, you will have to build an army for defending and conquering your enemy. You can also make trade with your allies without forgetting that you can also explore the seas with boats. Your goal is to win but for doing it, you will have to advance in age. You have four ages and each one bring new buildings, new technologies (you'll have to develop them for improving your civilisation) and new units.
- Achieve victory in multiple ways: win by building a wonder, by destroying your enemies or by being the first to reach an objective
- Command one of twelve civilizations, including the Egyptians, Greeks, Persians, Assyrians and Babylonians. Each civilization has unique attributes based on their historical counterparts.
- Choose a technology path. Age of Empires lets gamers choose from numerous technological paths to help lead their civilization to greatness. Military or economic path are possible.
- Players get to see the real-time results of their game play decisions, assigning tribe members to hunt, explore, conquer or build.
- Players can conquer or cooperate with existing tribes in a multiplayer environment via the Internet (through the Internet Gaming Zone), over a LAN or modem-to-modem.
- Players have over 10,000 years of real-time evolution to build their tribe into a powerful flourishing empire.
- A fully integrated scenario editor lets the player create his/her own scenarios and campaigns.
Hardware RequirementsMinimum PC Requirements:
CPU Type: Pentium
CPU Speed in MHz: 90 MHz
RAM: 16MB (Windows 95), 24MB (Windows NT)
Hard Drive Space: 130MB
Sound Card: Windows compatible
CD Drive Speed: 2X (gameplay), 4X (cinematics)
Modem Speed: 28.8 Kbps
Video Card: Local bus
Video RAM in MB: 1MB
Graphics Type: SVGA
Color Depth: 256
Graphics Resolution(s): 640 x 480
Compatible Devices: mouse, keyboard
Multiplayer System Requirements:
Modem Speed: 28.8 Kbps
Official URLOfficial Site
leDinx and 104 others own Age of Empires
ShadowCrystallux and 25 others played Age of Empires
Age of Empires is a RTS game where the basic aim is to build up your civilisation from...
- Genre: Real-time Strategy (PC)
- Theme(s): Historical, Ancient Cultures
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: Ensemble Studios
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Released North America Oct 15, 1997 Europe Feb 2, 1998 Japan Feb 2, 1998
- Age of Empires Online
- Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties
- Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs
- Age of Empires III
- Age of Mythology: The Titans
- Age of Empires II: Gold Edition
- Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
- Age of Empires II
- Age of Empires: Rise of Rome
- Age of Empires