BackgroundTwo years have passed since Peter Parker first hit the streets of New York City as the conflicted crime-fighter Spider-Man. Now he finds himself battling his most diabolical villain yet, the mechanized, multi-tentacled Doc Ock. The nefarious Doc Ock was once Dr. Otto Octavius, a brilliant nuclear physicist. But a freak accident transformed him from a timid researcher to a criminally insane megalomaniac who blames Spider-Man for his horrible transformation. Now the scientist Peter once idolized for his remarkable intellect has marked our web-slinger for death.
Experience total freedom as you soar through the concrete canyons of a living, breathing Manhattan, complete with familiar landmarks and bustling, traffic-clogged streets. Combat petty thugs and aid NYC citizens in challenging side-quests, or pursue the lunatic Doc Ock and other classic Spider-Man rivals. The decision is yours.
GameplaySet in a massive free-roaming, do-anything, virtual city, players swing from buildings, sling webs on structures, dive from roof tops to sidewalks, jump across skyscrapers and scale tall heights as they patrol and protect the city from the nefarious Doc Ock. Based on the plot of the movie and extending beyond the film with other diabolical Marvel villains, additional missions and random events, Spider-Man 2 is the most in-depth Super Hero game to date.
- Five 3D levels give the game a cinematic feel - web-sling your way around town in search of powerups, secrets, and special items
- Fifteen additional 2D levels challenge your combat skills with a variety of enemies
- Defeat bosses, including newcomers Lizard and Doc Ock, each with a unique fighting style
- Rich plot turns presented with 3D cutscenes between levels
Official URLOfficial Site
omega327 and 1 others own Spider-Man 2
- Genre: Adventure (NGAGE)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Backbone Entertainment
- Publisher: Activision
Released North America Jul 6, 2004 Europe July 2004