BackgroundEveryone thought Bowser had left the Mushroom Kingdom until his doom ship attacked. King Koopa had returned with the greatest danger ever known: his Koopa Kids! Using their new super powers, help the Super Mario Brothers rescue Princess Toadstool and beat the evil Koopa family.
GameplayYou play as Mario and must travel through eight distinctive worlds, defeating all the enemies that get in your way to rescue Princess Peach, and finally defeat the evil Bowser. However, Bowser is not the only one you should worry about; his children have taken control of each world, so now you have to exterminate his children as well. To help with the mission, you are able to collect power-ups which have their own strengths in certain areas of the game. You can also play alongside with a friend to complete the game faster.
- Bowser's Back: Once again the evil king of the Koopas has returned and kidnapped Princess Peach, so it's up to you to retrieve her back. However, Bowser is not alone; his children have taken over each of the eight worlds, so you must defeat them before they manage to cause even more trouble.
- Worlds: Each world has its own unique features. One world is full of sand and desert-inhabiting creatures while another is completely covered in water and all types of aquatic lifeforms. These features affect how you will get through each world.
- Power-ups: Take advantage of the power-ups that appear frequently throughout the game. The Fire Flower is useful for getting rid of enemies with ease and the Raccoon Feather gives you the ability to fly for a limited amount of time. There are even "rare" items like the Hammer Man and the Frog Suit that are usually found on certain levels or worlds. You can also hold up to 28 more items that are accessible on the World Map for quick and easy use.
- 2 Players: Have a friend play alongside you in your rescue mission as Luigi, Mario's younger brother. Together you can conquer all the challenges that the game throws at you.
Weavileforce and 261 others own Super Mario Bros. 3
FOTF and 51 others played Super Mario Bros. 3
- Genre: Platformer Action
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Feb 12, 1990 Europe Aug 29, 1991 Japan Oct 23, 1988
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009)
- Super Mario Bros. (2006)
- Super Mario Bros. 2 (2007)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (2007)
- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (2007)
- Super Mario Bros. (2012)
- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (2012)
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (2011)
- New Super Mario Bros. (2006)
- Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (1999)
- Super Mario Bros. (1985)
- Super Mario Bros. 2 (1988)
- Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels (Import) (1986)
- BS Super Mario Collection - Dai-1-Shuu (1997)
- BS Super Mario USA 1 (Import)
- BS Super Mario USA 2 (Import)
- BS Super Mario USA 3 (Import)
- BS Super Mario USA 4 (Import)
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (1996)