BackgroundThe player finds himself first deep inside the Kokiri Forest where special children who are accompanied by faries live and never grow older; however, there is one boy without a fairy. At the commencement of the game, Link discovers for the first time is personal fairy, who is named Navi. She and Link go to meet the great Deku Tree, and it is inside this massive tree that young Link finds his first adventure.
After defeating all the bad monsters within the Deku Tree, Link goes on to help the Gorons (a breed of people who live near fire and are especially good at making bombs) by ridding them of the evil creatures that reside within Dodongo's cavern. And finally, young Link goes inside the belly of a fish in order to find Princess of the Zoras.
After completeing each of these quests, young Link goes to Hyrule castle with his three pendants to save Princess Zelda and her father from the Black Knight Ganondorf. Link is too late, however, and Zelda has already been kidnapped. But using the three stones he received from his previous adventures, along with the Ocarina of Time bestowed upon him by Princess Zelda, Link enters the Temple of Time in order to fight Ganondorf's evil forces.
However, Link was deceived by Ganondorf. And instead of Link obtaining the Triforce, which he intended to do, Ganondorf fooled him and thus took control of Hyrule. Link awakens seven years in the future to find the land of Hyrule in ruin. Rauru, the sage of the Light Temple, tells Link what he must do. He must search out and find the other five sages, and thus use their power to defeat Ganondorf once and for all.
Join Link on his greatest adventure yet!
GameplayIn this third-person action/adventure game, the player utilizies his weapons in order to defeat his foes. The new "Z-targeting" feature allows players to lock on to their opponents and by doing so encircle them, or hit them easily with a long-range weapon. Also, by using the analog stick while slashing, characters can do various, complicated sword moves.
- Play as both young and adult Link, each with his own set of useable items and weapons.
- New "Z-targeting" system allows players to lock on to their opponents.
- Incredibly powerful graphics that push the capabilities of the Nintendo 64 to the limit.
- Explore the land of Hyrule on foot or by horse.
- Use several weapons to defeat your enemies including the Bow & Arrow, the Megaton Hammer, the Boomerang, and more.
- Several main quests that are necessary to complete in order to finish the game.
- Various side quests scattered throughout the game in order to obtain more items, health, or weapons.
Official URLOfficial Site
PAJ_S and 269 others played The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Primal Gallade and 950 others own The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Genre: Adventure (N64)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Nov 23, 1998 Europe Dec 18, 1998 Japan Nov 21, 1998 Australia Dec 18, 1998
- Also known as:
- Zelda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina in Japan
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
- The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass