BackgroundCornered Rat Software Studios' massively multiplayer online war simulation boasts the first combined virtual battlefield. Players will be able captain ships, command tanks and infantry, and pilot combat aircraft in one-off battles OR massive campaigns.
GameplayBlitzkrieg - The first retail release is set at the beginning of the Blitzkrieg, and all the major battle points are included: strongholds, fortresses, forests and rivers, just as it was in 1940. Can the RAF and British armies help the besieged French forces to re-write history? Could the Blitzkrieg have been stopped in France? With the dynamic flow of resources within WWII Online's strategic system, players will start the battles where they choose, and those choices will make a new history.
- Combined air and land operations in the first online virtual battlefield
- 1/2 scale map of Europe with accurate terrain modeling - the biggest online world ever!
- Thousands of online players in a 24/7 persistent world
- Character advancement and career paths for rich RPG layer
- First person perspective in all gameplay - the first massively multiplayer first person shooter!
- Strategic systems driven by player missions and command structure
- Historically accurate and detailed weapons including, aircraft, tanks, anti-aircraft guns, rifles, trucks, grenades and more!
- Groundbreaking physics and damage modeling
- Web-based player services package integrated with gameplay
Hardware RequirementsApple OSX
G4 800 MHz CPU with 512 MB RAM
64 MB Video Card
32X CD-ROM Drive
1 GB Free Hard Disk Space
56K or Higher Speed Internet Access
Official URLOfficial Site
You can pick up a copy of WWII Online in the store now for $10. Granted it's a very...
The offline mode shows how fun this game could be lag free. But until the problems...
Being an extreamly large WWII buff, I was able to get into this game in no time...
It appears that the Mac version of WWII Online has been delayed, as noted in this forum post on Playnet's website... posted Jul 11, 01 6:40pm