BackgroundWasteland 2 takes place in an alternate history timeline, in which a nuclear holocaust occured 1998 that escalated into a global nuclear war. On the day of the cataclysm, a company of U.S. Army Engineers in the desolate southwestern desert were constructing bridges in an area near several small survivalist communities and a new federal death row prison with light industrial facilities. The soldiers sought shelter in the prison, expelled the inmates and invited the survivalists to join them shortly thereafter. Years later they formed "the Desert Rangers, who pledged to help other survivors in the desert.
Game PlayWasteland 2 will be a turn-based and party-based strategy role-playing game. The player's party will feature seven characters, split up into four player characters (Rangers) and up to three NPCs The Rangers' statistics, skills and appearance can be customized.
FeaturesTurn-based tactical combat with a semi-overhead view with a rotatable camera
Official URLOfficial site.
- No more delays, Wasteland 2 to be released on September 19 Aug 20
- Wasteland 2 Early Beta gets a huge update Feb 25
- Wasteland 2's delay means even more player reactivity can be added Aug 3
- Wasteland 2 retail distribution will be handled by Deep Silver, publisher for Dead Island and Saints Row 4 Jul 11
The wait is over. Wasteland 2 now has a release date. Some may have only been waiting for a... posted 3 days ago
Some sad news has recently come from inXile Entertainment concerning Wasteland 2, but it's not... posted Aug 02, 13 3:24pm
Wasteland 2 retail distribution will be handled by Deep Silver, publisher for Dead Island and Saints Row 4
Deep Silver announced today that they would be handling retail distribution for inXile's... posted Jul 11, 13 7:38pm
- Genre: Turn-based Strategy (Mac)
- Theme(s): Post-Apocalyptic, Alternate History, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: InXile Entertainment
- Publisher: InXile Entertainment
Released North America Sep 19, 2014