BackgroundControl a cast of characters and tell your own stories in The Sims 2. Create your Sims, give them personalities, and see what trouble they get themselves into. Directly control every move they make, customize their world, build their homes, create their food, and design their fashions! Guide them in their careers and fulfill their aspirations as you build their social network and avoid their enemies. Savor the peaks of pleasure and witness the trials of pain in your Sims' lives. How will you play with life?
GameplayOFFICIAL FACT SHEET
The Sims 2 comes to the PSP handheld entertainment system, Nintendo DS, and Game Boy Advance bringing with it all the addictive, open-ended gameplay of the fastest-selling PC game of all time. Featuring a unique storyline for each platform, The Sims 2 lets you create, customize, and control different neighborhoods as you delve into the mysteries of Stangetown and strive to uncover its secrets. Mind your Sim's Sanity Meter to save them from a nervous breakdown and connect with other players to trade secrets and play head-to-head mini-games. With The Sims 2 for handheld, now you can take it with you everywhere.
- Next Generation Simulation: Guiding your Sims through "Life's Big Moments" takes on new importance, as players now get a "Life Score" to measure how well they are playing each individual Sim. The decisions that players make throughout the lifetime of their Sims now have an impact on their long-term success or failure. A choice made as a toddler has a direct effect on the teen and adult Sim they become.
- Next Generation Sims: The Sims in The Sims 2 are more aware and responsive to both other Sims and their surroundings. Sims truly come to life expressing moods and feelings through more realistic body animations and for the first time facial animations. They form complex relationships and are able to distinguish between family and friends, platonic friendships and romantic love. Sims in The Sims 2 now have DNA. Passing along physical characteristics and traits to their offspring, Sims both resemble and behave like their ancestors. As in real life, the appearance of the Sims now changes over time. In addition to getting older, a Sim that spends too much time on the couch will develop a paunch and a Sim that works out will enjoy rock solid abs.
- Next Generation Features: An entirely new 3-D engine makes the world of The Sims 2 more life-like and dynamic. The Sims 2 will also introduce an all-new "Create-A-Sim" feature. This allows you to customize the facial features of your Sim with a few simple clicks, to a level of detail never realized before. In The Sims 2, players are now able to build dwellings over two stories and have the ability to coordinate and customize the homes of their Sims to a new degree of design with all-new furniture, lighting and objects.
- The Sims 2 Body Shop: The Sims 2 Body Shop will let customize almost any part that can be used to build a Sim. Anything's possible, from highlighted hair, to tattoos, to crazy shirts and jeans. And each part is completely independent, meaning your cool dragon tattoo can be combined with another player's one-of-a-kind leopard-print shirt. The Sims 2 Body Shop will allow you to create Sims just the way you want them to look. In addition to all the designing of skins, clothing, and cosmetic options, you can also customize your Sims' facial features using 50 different modifiers. The result of all this is truly unique Sims that you can bring into the game or share with others
Official URLOfficial Site
Blue_Mew and 31 others own The Sims 2
Quetzalxochitl and 11 others played The Sims 2
TurtleShroomThis remains one of the greatest DS games I have ever played. I love it to bits! TheSims2 DS
Jan 17, 13 7:00pm
ellipsisGood appearance, some new features, and various exclusive items. Recommendable to say the least. TheSims2 PS2
Sep 03, 12 5:46pm
Jul 28, 12 11:21am
The Sims 2, released in 2004 for PC and 2005 for Mac was an absolute breakthrough, a...
LazyEasily my favorite game... unbeatably spectacular... the real deal. TheSims2 Mac
Jun 09, 12 12:56am
PotassiumThe absolute best of the best, one of the originals... better than The Sims 3 in opinion. Still my favorite game of all time. Perfection. TheSims2 Mac
Jun 06, 12 4:43pm
PotassiumNot too fond of the storyline or graphics, but good for its time, definitely a worthy and vital part of any The Sims timeline. TheSims2 DS
Jun 06, 12 4:39pm
ellipsisA true original, formally fantastic, the real deal... by far my absolute favorite game. TheSims2 Mac
Jun 04, 12 8:49am
ellipsisA true original... formally fantastic... the real thing... nothing else really to say. TheSims2 Mac
Jun 04, 12 8:49am
- Genre: Life (Mac)
- Theme(s): Lifestyle
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: Maxis
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Sep 14, 2004 Europe Sep 17, 2004
- Also known as:
- Sims 2: Hacha Mecha Hotel Life in Japan
- The Sims 4: Get to Work
- The Sims 4
- The Sims 3: Into the Future
- The Sims 3: Island Paradise
- The Sims 3: University Life
- The Sims 3: Seasons
- The Sims 3
- The Sims 2
- The Sims