If you dig tactical game Frozen Synapse as I did, you'll be interested to know some free and paid DLC is now... posted May 30, 12 7:07am
The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle proved a hit earlier this year, raising nearly one million dollars as of April. The... posted Sep 28, 11 10:51am
Frozen Synapse is yet another independent darling, winning praise for innovation and hardcore difficulty for... posted Aug 11, 11 9:04am
Tactical PC and Mac game Frozen Synapse was quite impressive when we gave an early build a shot, and should be... posted May 05, 11 10:49am
BackgroundThe ultimate tactical game; currently a work-in-progress by three-man UK indie development team Mode 7 Games.
You've patched in to the enemy's security system: get ready to make your plan.
Frozen Synapse is both inspired by classic simultaneous-turn-based games and an attempt to bring a modern twist to the genre.
You have full control over your squad, directing their every movement. At the same time, your opponent is plotting to defeat you. Plan your moves, test them out, then hit the "PRIME" button: both you and your enemy's turns are executed simultaneously.
Want a strategy game that offers serious, deep gameplay but doesn't take months to play a match?
* Simultaneous-turn-based competitive match-oriented tactical joy!
* Multiplayer: four game modes, including Hostage Rescue and the fiendish
bidding-based Secure mode...
* Single Player: Campaign Mode (coming soon), Skirmish mode and Puzzle mode
* Your units sport machine guns, shotguns, sniper rifles, rocket launchers and
grenade launchers for the ultimate tactical assault
* Hand-crafted maps, random map generator AND a map editor!
* Community features: share, rate and comment on games; Daily and Global ranking
system; simple, instant matchmaking
* Destructible terrain: blow a huge hole in a wall with a rocket, then send in your
* Simple YouTube export: just enter your account details and the game will
automatically encode and upload any match you choose...
* No limited installs or similar nonsense: just create an account once you've
downloaded and you're good to go
Hardware InfoSystem Requirements
* OS Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7
* Ram: 512meg
* Processor/Gfx card: will run on low-end modern hardware (e.g. netbooks)