Also on: PC
Release Dates NA Jul 18, 03
BackgroundJump through your television directly into the cockpit of the Navy/Marine workhorse fighting machine-the F/A-18 Hornet. Now you can fly the most prolific carrier-based aircraft in the Coalition arsenal. Load up with precision guided munitions and bring the forces of freedom to bear on the Iraqi regime of terror. Fly above thousands of square miles of stunning satellite image-based terrain. Look through your canopy and see the same environment that Coalition fighter pilots navigated during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
GameplayFly CAP (Combat Air Patrol), SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses), CAS/DAS (Close and Deep Air Support) and Escort missions in the challenging and varied theater environment. Or create your own with the powerful and intuitive Mission Editor. There's no limit to the number of unique scenarios that can easily be generated. Include Coalition and enemy fighter aircraft of many types as well as bombers, helicopters, tanks, trucks, SAM missile systems and more. Load them down with the latest in high-tech weaponry and send them into the fray.
- Beautiful and realistic satellite image-based terrain covering over 160,000 square miles of Iraq, Kuwait, Iran and the Persian Gulf.
- Realistic simulation of the F/A-18 Hornet aircraft flight dynamics and instrumentation.
- Realistic carrier operations including carrier launches and landing using the Meatball and Instrument Landing System. Landing Signal Officer giving you voice progress reports and instructions during your carrier landings.
- Sophisticated enemy pilot and SAM site operator AI (artificial intelligence.)
- Beautiful atmospheric effects with the sun, clouds, fog and haze.
- Fully 3D cockpit with working instruments enhances the realistic feel.
- Use one of many preset armament loads for specialized missions or create your own.
- Multiplayer via the internet or LAN.