BackgroundExile III: Ruined World is the triumphant conclusion to the Exile trilogy, a massive epic withelegant interface, fascinating plot, and beautiful grapics and sound. A more fascinating and playable game, one will be very hard pressed to find.
In Exile, you were cast down into the underworld by the Empire. In Exile II, you claimed the pit as your own, and fought off the Empire. In Exile III, your battle is to return home, to return to the surface and the sunlight you had thought lost forever. The problem - the surface is being destroyed, and nobody knows how or why. Move fast, or there will be nothing left for you to return to.
- An incredibly involved plot, with 200,000 words of story!
- Wonderful graphics and sound.
- An enormous, evolving world. Do nothing, and the world changes around you. Refugees move from town to town. Villages will be destroyed. Characters will die. Monsters will gain territory.
- Detailed, open ended system. Don't want to go on adventures? Do odd jobs. Save up and buy a house. Go on one of dozens of side missions. Explore an enormous outdoors with well over a hundred dungeons and towns. Just go through people's houses and rummage through their stuff!
- Elegant, carefully designed interface, with comprehensive online help, adventure journals, and design with an eye towards enabling you to do everything with the minimum amount of fuss.