Doom is still considered to be one of the founding fathers of the FPS genre, as it has been the basis of so many games since. You are a marine stuck on a moon base with an entire horde of demons and undead marines from Hell. Armed only with a pistol, your mission is simple and clear: Get bigger and better weapons to blast your way through a multitude of rigorous levels.
The sequel to the groundbreaking FPS Doom, you return to Earth having finally escaped the moon base, but the Demons you had fought back up on the Moon have beaten you back to Earth and have overrun towns and cities. It's once again up to you to show these alien scum that while there's still life in you, they haven't won yet!
GameplayThe game is a shooter, so, the player has to shoot every enemy that is attacking him. He has also to find keys for opening specific doors and he has also to activate switchs for making his environment change (a lift coming down, a wall that is an hidden door, etc.).
- 30 new levels plus 2 secret hidden levels
- Old enemies return as well as new enemies including the deadly Arch Vile who is able to revive dead enemies
- A new weapon - the Super Shotgun
- More items to help you on your mission such as Megaspheres that grant you full health and armour
- Genre: Shooter (Mac)
- Theme(s): Horror, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: id Software
- Publisher: id Software
Released North America Aug 22, 1995
- Doom 3 BFG Edition
- Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
- Doom 3
- Final Doom
- Ultimate Doom
- Doom II: Hell on Earth